Surly Boxing Thread

BigOrange1

I knew Devin had no power and a weak chin, but he's usually a fairly smart boxer.  It seems like he did absolutely zero work on keeping his right hand up and not getting tagged with that Garcia left hook.  Which is literally the only punch that kid has.  Just baffling.  Garcia can't box for shit.  Stay away from him and move away from that left hand.  Instead Devin just hung out right in front of him.

I do know that Devin has been benefitting from weight bullying his entire career.  Now for the first time he wasn't in there versus a smaller guy and he got lit the fuck up.  

Harvey Dock was so bad reffing that fight I honestly think he might have had money on Devin.  Charges Garcia a point for hitting on the break and yet seems completely unbothered by Haney hugging Garcia for dear life half the fight.  In fact, after one knockdown Dock literally picked Devin up off the canvas!  After them robbing that Irish fella earlier in the evening, there was some definite fuckery going on.

Edited by SpiralOut
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, SpiralOut said:

Harvey Dock was so bad reffing that fight I honestly think he might have had money on Devin.  Charges Garcia a point for hitting on the break and yet seems completely unbothered by Haney hugging Garcia for dear life half the fight.  In fact, after one knockdown Dock literally picked Devin up off the canvas!  After them robbing that Irish fella earlier in the evening, there was some definite fuckery going on.

no doubt, he was terrible - specifically in the 7th (i think ) round which you referenced.

• Hook 'Em 2