2018 Atlanta Braves Thread

ATLLonghorn

On 5/26/2018 at 5:05 AM, BigOrange1 said:

joe girardi in 2019?

I was thinking we teeter around .500 this year, then upgrade to a legit manager next year...then we actually started doing better than expected and now worried Snitker might stay. 

I've been so annoyed with how dumb our guys are on the base paths and then Acuna has to go one up all of them by maybe destroying his leg because he had to turn and signal safe to the umpire on an infield single rather than just running through the base.

On 5/26/2018 at 1:20 AM, ATLLonghorn said:

Stinker put Matt fuckin' Wisler in to face Mookie fuckin' Betts and he hit a game-sealing home run. Stinker should've been fired immediately.

Fuck nuts did it again, this time down 2 and Asdrubal Cabrera isn't Mookie but he's the Mets best hitter and the same thing happened. Thankfully Ender and Camargo bailed him out. This team is something man. This run has been fun.

He’d likely be a one year rental and not worth sending a stud prospect or two unless we are also planning to get a stud pitcher for the stretch run.

We aren’t just a 3B away from being a WS contender, we need a Verlander type addition as well. 

Supposedly Braves and Yankees are the two leaders for Cole Hamels.  He isn’t what he was, but he’s still a good, dependable vet that would also be good for our young guys to learn from.

Him and Moustakas would make us legit contenders. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With the struggles we’ve had beating bad teams, it’s pretty remarkable that we still have a 3.5 game lead in the division. 

All this while breaking in rookies/young guys in the lineup and on the mound.  Need another bat, SP and a couple vet relievers to have a true shot, but I’m almost OK with rolling with what we have and see what happens. 

Went to my first game of this season Saturday to see Tehran take a liquid shit on the mound. Is there any way they could send his ass down to Gwinnett for the rest of the season or something? Literally gave up a goddamn grand-slam in the first inning before he recorded an out.

So our #1 steal of a draft pick doesn’t sign and we’ve been losing series after series. Hell of a past couple weeks. 

Did have a 6-run 2nd today with Folty pitching, so maybe a step in the right direction. 

Limped into the break, but still 10 games over .500 and 1/2 game out of 1st. I definitely would have taken that at the start of the year. 

First Half Observations:

Folty may be a legitimate ace

Albies looks like a perennial all star 

Markakis increasing his trade deadline value

Freddie being Freddie

Bullpen sucks

Acuna pressing after hot start?

Newcomb is really good when he throws strikes

Need a third baseman

• 2 weeks later...

they are rumored to be in the market for chris archer, and i'm cool with that.  but outside of a guy like that -- who is under control for multiple seasons past this one -- i kind of hope they just stand pat and see what this current team can do in terms of competing for a division.  they're ahead of schedule and no moves they make are gonna get them to the world series this year, so i'd rather just let the season play out.

14 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

they are rumored to be in the market for chris archer, and i'm cool with that.  but outside of a guy like that -- who is under control for multiple seasons past this one -- i kind of hope they just stand pat and see what this current team can do in terms of competing for a division.  they're ahead of schedule and no moves they make are gonna get them to the world series this year, so i'd rather just let the season play out.

Yup, needed Moustakus and Hamels types to be a legit contender. Didn’t get them, but picked up a 4th OFer with power and a setup guy...which we needed, but doesn’t put us over the top. 

I’m good with not shipping 2-3 of our top prospects for a 2nd tier rental and just rolling with what we have the rest of the year.

Not signing our #1 pick this year probably made dealing one or two of our top arms a little less appealing. 

Back in first (tied) and going with Touki tomorrow.

The Allard experiment didn’t go too well.  Thought he was a 92-94 type guy, but was more like 87-89. Can’t live there unless you have bad ass control. He’s still only 20, so plenty of time to learn how to pitch with that type of velocity.