2018 Ryder Cup: USA v. Europe

Jive Turkey

couple of other observations...

1) people love them some fucking tiger.  from both support groups.  it was the nuttiest thing.  they love him.  followed him everywhere watching him play really terrible golf.

2) sitting on 2 for all the groups coming through was the funniest thing i have ever seen...particularly the bubba/webb group.  three fucking tee shots into the water.  it was amazing.  we hit 6 and halved the hole.  what was especially crazy is that it was the only hole where they weren't teeing from the tips.  in fact, they teed from the second box of four.  there were two tee boxes behind them.  i was a bit irritated because these guys are really good and teeing from the tips on 2 was practically impossible.  i wanted to see what those guys could do.  that's the point of this thing.

3) that notwithstanding, these guys are way better at golf than me.  some of the pressure shots were wild.  the first tee box was something else.  there were SO many people there and all screaming their asses off.  every practice swing our guys took, they would yell "OLE!" through the swing.  unbelievable focus to have that level of intensity and just go out and hit a great iron off the tee.  there's no way i wouldn't whiff or take someone's eye out.  on top of that, the first hold tee shot is a really weird one.  not sure how it looked on tv but the fairway really pitches down to the water and it was easy for the ball to run down to the water. 

4) from the europe team, molinari and fleetwood were really class guys.  great players and really nice guys.  i fucking hate jon rahm.  i razzed the fuck out of him when i could...got him to look up at me once when he teed into the water on 1 in one of the morning sessions.  he is their reed.  those guys should really match up in singles sometime so we get to see someone die.

5) phil was running around the course with his wife cheerleading.  it was hilarious.  i hate him.

6) i will reiterate one more time...man our team had bad chemistry.  they barely talked to each other (outside of jt and js) at all while the euros were having a lot of fun together.

7) i think people are underestimating the familiarity playing in.  i read somewhere that their team had played a combined 260+ rounds at LGN while our guys had played 6.  and jt was like 4 of those (and he went 4-1).  that course was really weird and really narrow.

• Like 4

supposedly dustin and paulina are having issues.  she removed from her instagram any pics of dustin.

HOWEVER, she did have this pic in her instagram.  fucking LULZ.

That’s the only time tiger smiled all weekend. This will go down as the worst captains picks of all time. Said he shouldn’t pick tiger and Champ. You have to have guys who can hit fairways, especially with the Euro setup. Embarrassing