2018 Ryder Cup: USA v. Europe

Jive Turkey

On 9/28/2018 at 2:13 PM, Wally Fairway said:

My best guess at this point that Team USA will need 7 or more points, that the Euros will take no less than 4 points tomorrow.

They might want to fly Crenshaw over for a Brookline'sque motivational speech.

If they had "only" needed 7 points, maybe they could have pulled it out.
Alas .....

I don't know about you guys, but I CANNOT wait to pay to watch Tiger and Phil trade awkward jokes and half-smiles over 18 holes of golf, while Phil tries to rekindle the magic by hitting a handful of "Phil shots" from shitty lies, and Tiger ultimately grinds out an unspectacular victory.

Just now, aggie08 said:

I don't know about you guys, but I CANNOT wait to pay to watch Tiger and Phil trade awkward jokes and half-smiles over 18 holes of golf, while Phil tries to rekindle the magic by hitting a handful of "Phil shots" from shitty lies, and Tiger ultimately grinds out an unspectacular victory.

pay to watch?

6 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Is it not still pay-per-view, or did the backlash get them to change it? Shows how much I've been paying attention.

Apparently still pay-per-view

https://golfweek.com/2018/09/25/phil-mickelson-might-want-to-reconsider-that-match-with-tiger-woods/

Their pay-per-view match is set to air across the Turner networks and will likely feature multiple side wagers to keep the audience tuned in regardless of the overall score.

Meanwhile, Las Vegas likes Woods more now than ever against Mickelson. The money line for Woods has moved to -220 at the Las Vegas Westgate SuperBook. That means bettors would have to wager $220 on Woods to net $100. Mickelson is now a +180 underdog, meaning a $100 wager on Lefty would make a $180 profit.

Edited by retread

1 hour ago, dmtx said:

Watching this debacle gives me no interest in watching tiger and phil fucking around on a golf course. I'm out on that steaming pile of shit. 

I can't wait until they use that johnny sharp ag math to tell us how successful it turned out. I would not pay $10 for it. I would pay $100 for a "Tiger all-access" at the Masters or British though.

We had 5 clear pairings (DJ-Koepka, Spieth-Reed, Watson-Simpson, Fowler-Thomas, Woods-DeChambeau) and Furyk played 1 of them.  Historically awful captain who allowed the players to tell him what to do.  

The team unity we had supposedly discovered was also revealed to be a complete sham.