Liverpool 2017-18: We won it 5 times

longhorndude

Couple of thoughts:

• Robertson is so damn good. Having the presence of mind to control and pass on Mo's goal was perfection.
  • Henderson is not our standard. We need a DM who can control the pace of play and not pass the ball backwards 250 times per match
  • ManBun makes me question every decision he makes
  • If I had another kid, I'd name him Mo Salah.
  • That was a match we would have lost last year. Being down 1-0 and them parking the bus would have frustrated us to do stupid shit. Props to Bobby/Mane/Mo for continuing to break down the D.
  • English officiating is a shambles

On 3/31/2018 at 1:51 PM, mdmost said:

Chelsea win I would think. Keeps the Spurs a game back. But just keep winning and worry about CL

Nah.  Spurs winning was the best outcome.  3rd v 4th is irrelevant.  Cheer for the lower placed one (Chelsea) to lose.

If we assume that Chelsea can't do something magical to make up the GD difference, our magic number (LFC points + Chelsea dropped points) is 11.  We win the next 4, the game at Chelsea is a dead rubber.

It depends on that weird coefficient that resulted last year in us having to do the play in round. City and Liverpool might've raised the EPL over the threshold. That's why I'd rather Tottenham lost so it would keep them more at arm's length. I didn't think Chelsea had enough left in them to compete for the top 3-4. 

Just saw this: Top 4 is into the group stages. France is on the outside looking in with the top 4 being Spain, Germany, England and Italy. 

The major changes from 2018/19

The Europa League winners will automatically qualify for the UEFA Champions League group stage (currently they can potentially play in a play-off round)

The top four clubs from the four top-ranked national associations will now qualify automatically for the group stage of the Champions League

The number of teams per association is capped at five for the UEFA Champions League group stage and any change will be determined in due course

The Champions League will continue to have a 32-team group stage leading to a 16-club knockout phase. Similarly the Europa League remains at 48 teams

Edited by mdmost

36 minutes ago, shigginz said:

Is there any differentation between 3rd and 4th as far as whether or not we'd have to play an extra game to get to the group stage of CL? I vaguely recall that being a thing, but I may be mixed up with something else.

Changed it going into 18-19.  England Top 4 straight to group stages.

Reports coming out this AM that Matip is out for the season. Can’t say I’m too bothered outside the fact it’s an injury and we have little depth with Joe also on the bench. Hasn’t appeared to play much better than Lovren(not saying well) and our fixture list is growing smaller. 

Hope Lovren can play at his best and Gomez can get back for some relief soon. Wouldn’t be surprised if Milner gets a go if it takes Koe a bit to get back.