Liverpool 2017-18: We won it 5 times

longhorndude

Isn't Brewster out with an injury?  

Could certainly see Woodburn getting extended action, but I"d guess more off the bench after ~45/60 minutes.  Ings looks certain to start.  Too bad we didn't keep Danny, he'd be valuable right now.  Oh yeah, he's still out injured...

Any reason not to start Brewster and/or Woodburn tomorrow?

And get Cardiff on the phone. We are withdrawing Grujic.

No and we should be thanking our lucky stars now that we got knocked out of the League and FA Cup early so those minutes aren't weighing on our players legs.

2 hours ago, pied said:

Isn't Brewster out with an injury?  

Could certainly see Woodburn getting extended action, but I"d guess more off the bench after ~45/60 minutes.  Ings looks certain to start.  Too bad we didn't keep Danny, he'd be valuable right now.  Oh yeah, he's still out injured...

Brewster is out. He might be back in training but not fit enough to play a part.

2 hours ago, pied said:

Ings looks certain to start.  Too bad we didn't keep Danny, he'd be valuable right now.  Oh yeah, he's still out injured...

That confused the hell out of me. Then I remembered that Daniel Sturridge used to be a Liverpool player.

Ings with a hat trick in a 3-0 win. We'll sell him this summer and he'll be remembered Gary Mac-style.

4 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

I hope we don't sell him. I think he's the kind of guy we need on the roster. Gives 100% every shift.

I'm not necessarily advocating for his sale, but I don't blame him if he wants to move on. He's a workmanlike player who had some success/promise before moving to Liverpool, but for a variety of reasons it hasn't worked out and at this point it's probably best for his career to move. He's still relatively young and can actually see the field more than token substitute appearances.

He's good to have around for situations like this weekend, when we need a willing runner to spell our starters, but given his injury history and limited upside, I just don't see him staying at Liverpool when he could be a first-team player elsewhere.

I think the club is happy to have him but I think they'd entertain offers this summer.

3 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Both Sturridge and Coutinho would be valuable right now but that's water under the bridge. We have to hope Klopp can keep pulling rabbits out of the hat.

Sturridge for his cheerleading? Or to console Adam Lallana in the physio room?

18 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Coutinho would be valuable if he wasn’t a complete cancer all season long. Teams don’t operate in some kind of fantasy football vacuum where team chemistry means nothing. Sturridge hasn’t provided value in 2 or 3 years. 

Sturridge has played 78 minutes since moving to West Brom. 

Coutinho would be valuable if he wasn’t a complete cancer all season long. Teams don’t operate in some kind of fantasy football vacuum where team chemistry means nothing. Sturridge hasn’t provided value in 2 or 3 years. 

You're assuming Coutinho would've been a cancer. I'm not. Our league position is the same today as when he left so it's not as if he was destroying the locker room. You can't rewrite history.

Daniel Sturridge has still provided more this season than Solanke and Ings combined so yes he'd have value.

I hope we don't sell him. I think he's the kind of guy we need on the roster. Gives 100% every shift.

He's cheap and English. The club will have to weigh what they can get for him vs keeping him. He might also want regular football which comes into play. I'd offer him to Soton. That's his level.

No injuries and we’re looking the better side. This result suits me but think we can get one in. Great save from Karius, and decent free kick from VVD, can see him getting a go more often. 

45 minutes of the same will be ok. 

So it's been discussed above but MyScore app shows the top three EPL spots being auto Champs League berths and the fourth heading to qualifying. I think above people said Premeire League is back to four auto spots. Just confused. 

28 minutes ago, C-Man said:

So it's been discussed above but MyScore app shows the top three EPL spots being auto Champs League berths and the fourth heading to qualifying. I think above people said Premeire League is back to four auto spots. Just confused. 

FotMob is a better app. And has all four auto qualifying.

2 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

FotMob is easily the best app I have found. Tons of news, stats, lineups, tv info. Tells you literally everything 

Also has video highlights of goals and often times audio commentary of matches.

And if for any reason you want the scores of, say, the Cambodian 2nd division, they got you covered. If a ball is being kicked somewhere on the planet, those guys have the score and can tell you who got the assist.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

I’m already nervous/excited for tomorrow’s game. We need a 100% healthy Salah. 

I'm tired of hearing "It's not over". No shit. But if we blow a 3-0 lead, it's on us.

City peaked at the wrong time. It happens. I hope we take advantage of it.