Liverpool 2017-18: We won it 5 times

longhorndude

Nice write up from TAW

Turns out Anfield *can* do European nights then. 

Who fucking knew?

We did. Of course we did. And yet we’ve had to endure ridicule; virtual pats on the head. ‘Those deluded Scousers, eh? Banging on about atmosphere. They’ve got no chance.’

We know though. Write us off at your peril. Liverpool as a club, a city and a group of people always has it within its make up to pull two fingers from the pocket and show the world what’s what when no one expects it. And here we are again.

That’s just what these lads did. That’s just what we did. The stadium rocked, the team fucking rolled, and City froze in the headlights. Bewildered by brilliance. They never managed a shot on target. 

All the scripts written pre match were torn up. Trent v Sane. A struggle in the making. Where the match will be lost. The lad from West Derby had other plans. Teenage kicks are hard to beat.

Lovren, not good enough. Too dodgy. Hasn’t got it in him. But he did. 

Milner, Henderson, Robertson...graft, defiance, no respect for them, every respect for us and what the club is capable of.

Three great goals. It could have been more. Thirty eight for Mo. A belter from Chambo. A deserved one for Mane, who deserves more praise for his performances.

Then the other side of it. Sitting, sensible, working, defending. The best team the world has ever seen according to some - and they didn’t get a sniff.

It’s only half time. There has to be some caution. But not tonight. Not for us. They’ve made us dream. Fans turned up early and in numbers and did their bit. The players turned up early in numbers and did their bit too.

Yesterday the world looked in and pointed and laughed. We had no chance. 

Now we’ve got every chance.

The small matter of the Derby next. A local affair. An irrelevance in the grand scheme. But let’s win it anyway. 

Let’s keep bouncing, and twirling and singing and shouting. Let’s do it all the way to Kiev. Why not? 

Fuck the calls of cringe and the bitter bollocks from those rooted to a couch tonight. We won and we won well. We deserved it. And we had all the fun. We’re never gonna stop.

Allez, allez, allez.

Up. The. Fucking. Reds. We love you Liverpool, we do.

Robbo

• Like 2

Im sure yall have your stories from old board of why yall are fans.

Csb/ 

So my grandma was born in liverpool and my dad was born in uk on air force base. Dad supports everton and so does half of family with other half supporting reds. I know its not kosher but i feel im neutral and like both.

I remember first time i visited family in liverpool when i was 17 my nana said yall should let him(me) go to match whole family said fuck that its the derby.

I did get to go to anfield next visit when i was 23 

/csb

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

Csb/ 

So my grandma was born in liverpool and my dad was born in uk on air force base. Dad supports everton and so does half of family with other half supporting reds. I know its not kosher but i feel im neutral and like both.

I remember first time i visited family in liverpool when i was 17 my nana said yall should let him(me) go to match whole family said fuck that its the derby.

/csb

Cool story.  Post more. 

1 hour ago, Bone3421 said:

Csb/ 

So my grandma was born in liverpool and my dad was born in uk on air force base. Dad supports everton and so does half of family with other half supporting reds. I know its not kosher but i feel im neutral and like both.

/csb

Mildenhall or Lakenheath?

Edited by Firemans4Horn

2 hours ago, pied said:

Cool story.  Post more. 

Agreed. Good story.

Mine isn't that dramatic. When my first son was born, EPL was the only thing on TV super early in the morning. Fell in love with the Gerrard/Torres team, and the history, and I've been a fanatic ever since.

I'll second the fullbacks for co-MOTM. I kept waiting for TAA to get toasted and he kept coming through like Gianluca Zambrotta. Incredible performance from a 19-year old central midfielder playing at right back. Andy Robertson is making a case for best left back in the league. 

Ox is such a damn pro. Fantastic finish and clearly a player who shows up in the big games. He's going to be needed next week with Hendo and Can out. The midfield picks itself, with Milner, Ox, and Gini.

VVD and Lovren both played great, mistake-free, aggressive defending.  The second half was as impressive as the first, albeit in a completely different way.

I love this fucking team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 406W30th said:

This game was crying out for Coutinho.

If he wanted to be here he would....suarez,coutinho and anyone else that doesnt want to play for one of the top teams in history can GTFO

Reds are rising and we will see about barca after messi

So, am I crazy for thinking that Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is one of the most underrated players in the prem? I'm a City fan so I dont have rose-tinted glasses and don't see him every week, but everytime I take the time to watch him he seems to really put in a shift. He is like everything that everyone said Milner was for us (and I guess for Liverpool too) with his work rate and how much ground he covers but with much more skill and end product. And he has an underrated final ball. Honestly, I think it was really dumb of Arsenal and of Arsne Wenger to let him leave rather than giving him a chance at being in midfield, because even before he left I always saw him as a real threat and a key player for them. Now in the last 2 games we've played against Liverpool both him and Firmino have been the two biggest threats against our defense.

13 minutes ago, Biscuits And Groovy said:

So, am I crazy for thinking that Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is one of the most underrated players in the prem? I'm a City fan so I dont have rose-tinted glasses and don't see him every week, but everytime I take the time to watch him he seems to really put in a shift. He is like everything that everyone said Milner was for us (and I guess for Liverpool too) with his work rate and how much ground he covers but with much more skill and end product. And he has an underrated final ball. Honestly, I think it was really dumb of Arsenal and of Arsne Wenger to let him leave rather than giving him a chance at being in midfield, because even before he left I always saw him as a real threat and a key player for them. Now in the last 2 games we've played against Liverpool both him and Firmino have been the two biggest threats against our defense.

We'll see long term. Right now, he's playing with a "fuck you Wenger" chip on his shoulder. He fits perfectly in Klopp's system as he can be both an offensive and defensive player & presses with the best of them. 

Frankly, the reason why Ox, Bobby, TAA, Mo, etc. are doing so well is because they are 'all in' with Klopp's system. The talent is there, no doubt, but they are shining with Klopp.

I think Ox would do well in any system. His sort of work rate and tenacity along with his final ball being pretty good and his mindset of wanting to keep things simple and not out-play himself is something that would fit in with every team in the league. Not saying he's world class. He isn't a superstar and doesn't have anything he is otherworldly at, but he does a lot of things well and almost nothing poorly.

If we win in Kiev, Phil gets a Winners Medal.  Be hysterical if we beat Barca and he was there to pick it up in person (as part of their travelling party).

Still buzzing from last night.  Just belted out "ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ" in the middle of cubicle land at work (to a fellow Red).  Fuck the rest of them if they don't get it.

20 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Can is done for good. Sucks.

Going to need massive upgrades in the midfield this summer

Oh fuck me ... who the fuck is playing in the MF next Tuesday?  Only available players are Milner, Ox, and Gini.  Do we consider 3-4-1-2?  But then again, you'd have to have 3 fit defenders.

30 minutes ago, DeadSalamander said:

Oh fuck me ... who the fuck is playing in the MF next Tuesday?  Only available players are Milner, Ox, and Gini.  Do we consider 3-4-1-2?  But then again, you'd have to have 3 fit defenders.

Clyne should be good. I bet we'll see him for the Derby. Lallana should be back.