2019 UFC/MMA thread

spystud13

1 minute ago, Zavala said:

I love the black beast more than anyone. But Hardy would make him boo boo. Hardy is very fast and aggressive. Derick fights slow and lazy and waits for opponents to tire out then he explodes with a few big hammers or some GnP. I don't think Hardy is going to tire out.

Lulz. He was completely gassed by the beginning of the 2nd round against that spare white dude. 

2 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

fuck it. Give Hardy to Walt Harris next and see what happens. 

Harris would whoop his ass, also, Harris deserves to get a fight that will move him up the ladder. Give Hardy a gatekeeper if he thinks hes ready to move up in the division.

7 hours ago, spystud13 said:

Yeah, just a few. 

What happened? That’s the guy that took 30 to the head?

I didn’t realize that Hardy won in 45 seconds. I thought it was at the end of the first round. 

Edited by JohnnyRage

11 hours ago, spystud13 said:

Here’s the white dude “fight” if anyone wants to determine Junior’s UFC hot takes. 

https://www.mma-core.com/videos/Greg_Hardy_vs_Allen_Crowder_Full_Fight_UFC_Fight_Night_143_Part_2/10279048

I couldn't get the video to play, but I found a picture of the winning move from that cracka.

1563694371756-sp.png

1 hour ago, spystud13 said:

He thought he was a big boy, had been yapping at Hardy, got fucking embarrassed in less than a minute. 

Some of it was funny, and he was a bit punch drunk and pissed he lost after. Glad he apologized.

1563688071264-sp.png

I was listening to pardon my take this morning, and they were talking about Greg Hardy. They were half kidding, but they made an interesting point. Why do they keep giving Greg Hardy layups? Are they trying to turn him into a star? Just about everyone wants to see Hardy get put to sleep. Why not give him a big name, a name that’s gonna put his fucking lights out, and profit? He’s already polarizing, so it’s not like they need to build up his name. Give him a big fight, let a deserving heavyweight get a big(ish?) payday, and stop trying to build this clown up. This isn’t a CM Punk situation. Clearly Hardy has a little bit of natural talent when it comes to fighting (both in and out of the octagon). Maybe give him someone like Derrick Lewis or something. Lewis is never going to be a champion, but he’s arguably the fan favorite of the division. Hero vs villain. Make it happen, Dana.

On 7/21/2019 at 7:15 AM, LonghornGoodfella said:

If Colby beats Robbie I think he gets next crack at Usman. Masvidal and Edwards can fight on same card for the next shot. 

yes, yes, and yes.  colby will also beat robbie.

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

I personally think Colby is massively overrated

After Leon Edwards beat RDA pretty decisively, who his resume isn’t that impressive. I know he has the fake belt and if you want to keep dishing those out you have to honor it eventually, but Masvidal flatlining Till and Askren back to back is a lot more impressive. He’ll probably sell the fight a lot better than Masvidal would though. MAGA vs Nigeria lol

• Like 1

On 7/22/2019 at 8:54 AM, youdunnf'dup said:

I was listening to pardon my take this morning, and they were talking about Greg Hardy. They were half kidding, but they made an interesting point. Why do they keep giving Greg Hardy layups? Are they trying to turn him into a star? Just about everyone wants to see Hardy get put to sleep. Why not give him a big name, a name that’s gonna put his fucking lights out, and profit? He’s already polarizing, so it’s not like they need to build up his name. Give him a big fight, let a deserving heavyweight get a big(ish?) payday, and stop trying to build this clown up. This isn’t a CM Punk situation. Clearly Hardy has a little bit of natural talent when it comes to fighting (both in and out of the octagon). Maybe give him someone like Derrick Lewis or something. Lewis is never going to be a champion, but he’s arguably the fan favorite of the division. Hero vs villain. Make it happen, Dana.

Because he's literally on MMA fight #6, not just UFC - ever, for someone that did not grow up practicing martial arts or I assume wrestling. He's green beyond green.

The heavy weight division is quite lackluster with talent. Why would you stunt his trajectory? How does that grow the sport? How does that put more money in your pocket? He's showing a lot of potential and growth. Yes, he needs to be challenged. But only an idiot would send him out there to get shown up.

Edited by JohnnyRage
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyRage said:

Because he's literally on MMA fight #6, not just UFC - ever, for someone that did not grow up practicing martial arts or I assume wrestling. He's green beyond green.

The heavy weight division is quite lackluster with talent. Why would you stunt his trajectory? How does that grow the sport? How does that put more money in your pocket? He's showing a lot of potential and growth. Yes, he needs to be challenged. But only an idiot would send him out there to get shown up.

I was halfway kidding. I just want to see him get knocked out in devastating fashion. Don’t overthink this lol. 

3 hours ago, JohnnyRage said:

I didn't recognize hardly anything on the undercard, but I'm a casual fan. I'm still looking forward to the Israel Adesanya vs Robert Whittaker upcoming UFC.

As of right now, Adesanya is far and away my favorite fighter. And it’s not just his exciting fighting style. He has some personality, confidence, all of the above to make for an exciting champion.

40 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

adesanya is a twat and i look forward to whittaker flat lining him

Different strokes for different folks (or however that saying goes). I get it. I understand why some people wouldn’t like him. I respect Whittaker’s style and how he doesn’t force anything in regards to his personality, but he might as well be the Aussie Eli Manning in regards to showing personality. Should be a great fight though. I don’t know who I would put my money on if I was going to bet on that fight.