2019 UFC/MMA thread

spystud13

1 hour ago, SameSame said:

I don't know why the announcers are making excuses for Dean.  Once he sinks the choke in you're looking for the tap.

Can you blame him after all the shit he took for the Askren Lawler one? He's going to make extra sure now every time going forward. If you want him to be cautious then don't slam the guy when he is cautious. 

4 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

It’s kinda smart, tbh. Everyone wants to see him lose. He’s got trump retweeting his shit and hyping him up. He knows his skill set and his gas tank are damn near unbeatable right now. Credit where it’s due.

It's annoying. It's taking legit martial arts competition and making it like a Vince McMahon joke. Not good for the sport especially after Dana White seems to be doing everything to make it look like a WWE joke fest.

Looks especially bad on a day where some white trumpkin piece of shit shoots up a ton of unarmed Latino civilians at an El Pass Walmart. 

Edited by Junior Miller
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Can you blame him after all the shit he took for the Askren Lawler one? He's going to make extra sure now every time going forward. If you want him to be cautious then don't slam the guy when he is cautious. 

Oh no no.  It doesn't work like that.  This isn't yo-yo boomerang fairness.  When you fuck up one way, you don't get some tender heart leeway going the other way.

The guy tapped twice, and he was out of position to see both.  Merchant or whatever was telling him the guy is out.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

It's annoying. It's taking legit martial arts competition and making it like a Vince McMahon joke. Not good for the sport especially after Dana White seems to be doing everything to make it look like a WWE joke fest.

Looks especially bad on a day where some white trumpkin piece of shit shoots up a ton of unarmed Latino civilians at an El Pass Walmart. 

I agree with you, but Conor set the standard for “this is how you can talk your way into a big fight”. I have no problem with it if you have the skill set. It makes fights more interesting when there is animosity involved, and the shit talking brings that out.

3 minutes ago, SameSame said:

Even from that side, which is a bad angle, watch his right arm start to aggressively tap immediately.

What you can't see is he started tapping with his left hand too.

I learned today that you’re supposed to raise a guy’s legs up after he’s been choked out so the blood rushes back to his head. It makes sense, but I’ve never paid attention I guess.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I learned today that you’re supposed to raise a guy’s legs up after he’s been choked out so the blood rushes back to his head. It makes sense, but I’ve never paid attention I guess.

I guess he was trying to get the heart above the head for blood flow.  

Pretty common, but the better way is to push short and quick on the person’s diaphragm. Will pump blood to the head. But both work.

I guess I a smart tapper haha, in 13 years of BJJ I have never been slept. I have seen some crazy ones though.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Pretty common, but the better way is to push short and quick on the person’s diaphragm. Will pump blood to the head. But both work.

I guess I a smart tapper haha, in 13 years of BJJ I have never been slept. I have seen some crazy ones though.

I always hear MMA fighters say “I’ll never quit. If you tap, you’re a quitter. You’ll never see me tap. You can break my arm before I tap” or some variation of that. 

Fuck that. I’m swallowing my pride to fight another day. I’m not a dr, but going out cold can’t be good for you. 

I always hear MMA fighters say “I’ll never quit. If you tap, you’re a quitter. You’ll never see me tap. You can break my arm before I tap” or some variation of that. 
Fuck that. I’m swallowing my pride to fight another day. I’m not a dr, but going out cold can’t be good for you. 

Hahaha, yeah. As you can imagine there is a shit tone of bravado, ego and testosterone in fighting (and martial arts). There have been a few broken bones in the UFC because of that mentality. As for being choked unconscious, it’s mostly not a big deal. As long as your opponent or training partner lets go quickly. There is that implied trust, even for these guys squaring off against each other.

But, like you, I am not interested in testing how long I can hold off a choke or how elastic my joints are. I tap fast and often.

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Right when the announcer says “he’s tapping. I think he tapped.” Even his corner was yelling he tapped

I disagree. You see his arm come up against the guy's leg right when the camera switches but it's impossible to tell if he taps or not. Then Dean dives down and starts checking the arm. The announcer is probably watching the monitor and reacts to the arm coming up against the leg too but Dean was behind the camera at the same angle and couldn't see just like us if he was tapping. I still don't necessarily think he was, and if he was he waited too long and barely tapped for a fraction of a second before he went out. 

• Like 1

I disagree. You see his arm come up against the guy's leg right when the camera switches but it's impossible to tell if he taps or not. Then Dean dives down and starts checking the arm. The announcer is probably watching the monitor and reacts to the arm coming up against the leg too but Dean was behind the camera at the same angle and couldn't see just like us if he was tapping. I still don't necessarily think he was, and if he was he waited too long and barely tapped for a fraction of a second before he went out. 

He tapped. Way too late. Herb dean was in a bad spot. Nothing malicious.

1 hour ago, Junior Miller said:

bruh, not sure if you are sincere or trolling, but there are several angles that give the story.  This isn't some backyard somebody got hit with a shovel altercation.  This is the ufc and that was shit.

I didn’t see his post fight octagon interview, but apparently Colby said something along the lines of “robbie Should’ve learned a lesson from Matt Hughes. Stay the fuck off the tracks when the train is coming” or some shit. I don’t know if y’all remember, but Matt Hughes got into a really bad accident where his vehicle was hit by a train, and at one point people weren’t sure if he’d ever be able to walk again...

what and fucking piece of shit, man. That’s unreal. There’s mma trash talk, but that’s going pretty fucking low. I really hope Usman embarrasses this fool for 5 rounds, but I don’t think it’s going to happen. I bet Colby will be the betting favorite again. 

30 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I didn’t see his post fight octagon interview, but apparently Colby said something along the lines of “robbie Should’ve learned a lesson from Matt Hughes. Stay the fuck off the tracks when the train is coming” or some shit. I don’t know if y’all remember, but Matt Hughes got into a really bad accident where his vehicle was hit by a train, and at one point people weren’t sure if he’d ever be able to walk again...

what and fucking piece of shit, man. That’s unreal. There’s mma trash talk, but that’s going pretty fucking low. I really hope Usman embarrasses this fool for 5 rounds, but I don’t think it’s going to happen. I bet Colby will be the betting favorite again. 

UFC legend Matt Hughes has been ordered to stay 500-feet away from his wife -- who claims Matt has physically attacked her multiple times and once threatened to shoot her.

It's all part of court docs, obtained by TMZ Sports, in which Audra Hughes describes a disturbing pattern of violence and abusive behavior beginning in 2017.

But, Audra says shortly after he recovered from the trauma in September or October 2017 ... he roughed her up badly in the shower.

Audra claims she refused to give Matt his truck keys, saying, "I told him he can't have them because he shouldn't drive due to his DAI (brain injury)."

She alleges Matt then snapped ... choked her -- and asked her for the code to his gun vault.

When Audra refused again ... she says Matt choked her again, smashed her head against the shower wall and screamed, "This is what choking is!"

Audra says nearly a year later on July 21, 2018 ... Matt told her, "I'm going to f*cking shoot you," because she took his phone, claiming, "he was communicating with multiple women."

Audra also says just a few months later, on Dec. 12, 2018 ... Matt hit her in front of her son, their daughter and her step-dad after she accused him of texting other women.

Audra filed for a restraining order the following day ... and a judge has since ordered the fighter to stay at least 500-feet away from Audra and their children.

There's more ... Matt's twin brother, Mark Hughes -- a retired MMA fighter who competed at UFC 28 in 2000 -- has also filed for a restraining order against the 45-year-old, alleging Matt roughed up his son and tried to destroy his tractor.

Mark says the two had a disagreement over which brother actually OWNS the tractor ... and when Matt saw Mark's 15-year-old son driving it sometime later on Sept. 23, 2018 -- he lost it on the kid.

Mark alleges Matt grabbed his son, shook him and told him that's his "f*cking tractor."

Mark also says a week later on Sept. 30, 2018 ... he believes Matt doused the tractor and its surrounding area in gasoline -- and suspects he was trying to destroy it.

meh