2019 UFC/MMA thread

spystud13

Just now, TexArcher said:

Rd 1 to DC, obv.

Rd 2 tough to score.  Seemed like more power shots for DC, more total for Stipe?

Stipe looks gassed and trash. Both rounds to DC so far.

Seriously though the eye pokes are ridiculous. His defense is hands out fingers at the eyes. Maybe he picked it up in those Jon Jones fights lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Those body shots are murder.  The old Bas Rutten liver shots.  And when you cover up, head hunting time.  Great adjustment.

Man I didn't think he had enough on em.

Bas also the palm strike to behind the ear DAYUM it's nice.

9386_ex.png

It was the body shots. He kept his hands up too much

I need to see the replay, but I am willing to bet most of those body shots happened when DC had his hands extended to control Miocic’s hands, or when he was winding up. That isn’t keeping your hands up. And if he did have his hands up, his posture was bad to expose his ribs so much. Dude is a giant cannonball, shouldn’t just open the door to 5 huge body shots.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Yeah, DC's left jab is basically a thumb strike.  

Class from him in the interview here, tho.

Member when he beat Stipe and got that juice monkey Bork Lester in the cage to call Stipe a piece of shit and have a cringy face off?

Dhxo9_GUYAA8o9T.jpg

1 minute ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I need to see the replay, but I am willing to bet most of those body shots happened when DC had his hands extended to control Miocic’s hands, or when he was winding up. That isn’t keeping your hands up. And if he did have his hands up, his posture was bad to expose his ribs so much. Dude is a giant cannonball, shouldn’t just open the door to 5 huge body shots.

cannonball.png

• Like 1

Just now, Patricio Swayze said:

Yeah Jon exposed this with body kicks from switched stance. To the point where DC dove head first into a head kick trying to block the body kick.

Lol the first highlight is an eye poke. Yikes. 

11 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Member when he beat Stipe and got that juice monkey Bork Lester in the cage to call Stipe a piece of shit and have a cringy face off?

Dhxo9_GUYAA8o9T.jpg

Do service animal steroids rot your teeth out like methamphetamines? Jesus H.

• Like 2

But hey, shoutouts to DC for that WWF'esque pickup of stipe in the 1st round.  Thought he was gonna parade him around for a bit before some sort of atomic slam gravedigging piledrivef

He should have like drives him via dropping to his ass. Then when he did throw him down, he had Miocic’s arm trapped, but instead fighting to keep that and use it to his advantage, he let him take it back and then regain half, then full guard. Imagine DC on top of you, dropping bombs, and you only have one hand to defend with.

29 minutes ago, Scraps said:

Yeah i love Stipe, but i was even telling my boys he will get KO'd by Francis this time unfortunately.

Eh, he's got a chance if he plays the same game plan as last time.. but yeah watching him this fight he didn't look so good defensively at all. Then again DCs striking is totally different than Ngannou. DC was holding his hands out waiting to push down Stipes hands and roll a quick 1-2. Ngannou is more traditional boxer and telegraphs the shots. DC is really quick and fast, Francis is pretty slow, just mega powerful.

Also, Stipe will likely be able to see out of both eyes.

Shit give Francis Greg Hardy first as a build up fight for it.

Dana is on

Edited by Zavala
  • Like 1