2019 UFC/MMA thread

spystud13

I had it 49-46 for Max, but with 3 of Max's rounds close.  Frankie just needed to do a little bit more.  But how can you?  Max is hard to hit and he's hard to hurt because you're swinging up and he can roll with it pretty easily.  You can't commit to more flurries because Max is such a good counter puncher.  And you just can't take him down often enough.  He's an impossible riddle.
*at featherweight

And I can’t watch this card tomorrow morning, but what do y’all think about Covington v lawler. I hope lawler wins (if for no other reason, so Masvidal gets the next title shot), but I have a feeling Covington is going to run through Lawler. 

Covington is a -230 favorite. I was a little surprised by that. I expected him to be the favorite, but maybe not by that much.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

And I can’t watch this card tomorrow morning, but what do y’all think about Covington v lawler. I hope lawler wins (if for no other reason, so Masvidal gets the next title shot), but I have a feeling Covington is going to run through Lawler. 
Covington is a -230 favorite. I was a little surprised by that. I expected him to be the favorite, but maybe not by that much.

I've said it before I think CC is massively overrated, but no outcome to this fight will shock me. I think it is a coin flip.

team covington.  i thought he was another skinny ryan bader type, but the way he took apart demian maia and rda was impressive.

keep in mind that at that time, maia was an unsolvable puzzle on a 7 win streak, and had only just lost to woodley.  rda was undefeated in his welterweight run and was a sure-fire contender...

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

team covington.  i thought he was another skinny ryan bader type, but the way he took apart demian maia and rda was impressive.

keep in mind that at that time, maia was an unsolvable puzzle on a 7 win streak, and had only just lost to woodley.  rda was undefeated in his welterweight run and was a sure-fire contender...

I’m not team Covington, but I disagree with scraps. After seeing his last two fights, I think he’s a beast, and maybe even someone who can challenge Usman. But I’ll admit I haven’t seen a ton of Usman fights. 

she man is out:

In an interview released on the company's YouTube channel on Friday, UFC president Dana White declared he is "out of the Cyborg business" and will waive any contractual matching rights he owns on one of the biggest stars in female mixed martial arts.

"I'm going to release her from her contract and I will not match any offers [she receives]," White said. "She is free and clear to go to Bellator [MMA] or any of these other promotions and fight these easy fights she wants. Done. Done deal. I will literally, today, have my lawyer draft a letter to [Justino's team saying] that she is free and clear."

Translation: Dana would rather feed Nunes a bunch of wins and have everyone talk about how she's the best of all time than risk her getting KTFO by Cyborg in a rematch, which is entirely possible, and he'll accuse Cyborg of wanting easier fights to deflect from the fact that he's trying to give Nunes easier fights.