College starting quarterback rankings for 2019

Cairn Horn88

4 minutes ago, Hurtlocker said:

I'm still not buying Hurts is the third best QB in the Big 12

He's getting the bump from playing in Bama's scheme with Bama's talent (since this is on PY results) and also the belief that Riley is a QB whisperer. He's properly behind Sam in the PFF eval and Brewer is only one behind him so you could easily swap the two and argue he is the 4th best going into the seaon. I could see that by the end of the season, there may be several others better as well. Interested to see Purdy's development in the absence of Montgomery, Butler, and teams having a full offseason to prepare for him(even though he is currently ranked higher than Hurts). Also curious to see how Bowman looks in a completely different scheme. You know the winner of the Sanders/Brown derby at OSU will score well in the PFF metrics by the end of the year. Good argument to be made that when the dust settles, he might only be 6th or 7th.

Interesting list for sure. I wonder if they will produce a list after this season to compare with. There's definitely a drop in talent in the Big 12 this year, but half of our league is in the top 26. I wouldn't be surprised to see Thomas Macvittie and Austin Kendall finish quite a bit higher. 

LA Tech's J'Mar Smith would be 6th in the Big 12. Based on some other things I've seen from PFF, LA Tech appears to have some talented players. Given our recent opening day struggles, I am wary to expect a blow out. 

Edited by Sock Monkey

Other observations:

- Khalil Tate at 10 is putting a lot of faith in him bouncing back from last season.

- JT Daniels doesn't appear to be the guaranteed starter at USC. 

- Jarren Williams who beat out Tate Martell is at 77.

- Notable transfers include Brandon Wimbush (UCF) at 64, Zach Smith (Tulsa) at 57, and Kelly Bryant (Mizzou) at 29. Bryant should be a good fit for Missouri's offense.