Who impressed you the most tonight?

TexArcher

All of the above, but I noticed one thing that deserves mention... there were several times when our OL was flat out NASTY!
Freaking loved it, drive those bastards into the ground.

Yes. Very refreshing change from the past few seasons. I hope we can build some depth as the season progresses by getting different players some quality reps without having to be pressed into action because of injury. The Rice game should afford another opportunity for sure. But here’s hoping even in some crunch time games a few can come of the bench in certain situations and get some reps.

Friend of a friend information relay here, but Roschon may stick at running back or wide receiver. He wasn’t looking good at QB - Sexton was playing at a comparable (if not better) level. 
If that's what it takes to get him on the field and further his career after school, so be it. He didn't light the world on fire, but also didn't look like he's only been playing RB for only 10 days..

2 hours ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Haven’t seen a replay yet, but my recollection is that that pass cleared a LB’s head by not a lot, and he just watched it go by. 

Yup, you're right. it went right over his head. And then he somehow avoided throwing away from the LB/DB by that guy.  i wouldn't call it a bad pass or mental mistake if you can get away with it i sometimes it's easier to throw right over the helmet as apposed to the outside, where arms may be outstretched..  NFL QBs do this all tie time on screens.

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

Mr. Computer man, can you please include the endzone replay?   That really shows you the tight window and precision required.

Edited by The Whistler

Impressive: 

Duvernay - looks noticeably stronger and faster. Loved the burst and the physicality

Ossai - very athletic for a linebacker. Very bright future. 

Overshown - there's gotta be a way we can get him on the field more. 

Roach - great get off on the snap. Looked great at getting off blocks and getting into the backfield. 

Need improvement: 

Ayodele - not very physical at the point of attack. Gets lost in the wash frequently.

Boyce - all around just not good. 

Safeties - I expected a bit more from Sterns, Jones, and Foster. I'll just mark this as an off night. I expect we'll see much better against the swamp rats. 

1 hour ago, The Whistler said:

Yup, you're right. it went right over his head. And then he somehow avoided throwing away from the LB/DB by that guy.  i wouldn't call it a bad pass or mental mistake if you can get away with it i sometimes it's easier to throw right over the helmet as apposed to the outside, where arms may be outstretched..  NFL QBs do this all tie time on screens.

Mr. Computer man, can you please include the endzone replay?   That really shows you the tight window and precision required.

Yeah. That’s the angle that I recall. It looked like the kind of pass you get away with against lesser competition,  but the QB coach mentions that an LSU LB might reach up and snag it in film review.  

33 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Yeah. That’s the angle that I recall. It looked like the kind of pass you get away with against lesser competition,  but the QB coach mentions that an LSU LB might reach up and snag it in film review.  

I don't doubt what you say but curious -- our QB coach Beck said this? There a link for post game interview?

1 hour ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

Impressive: 

Duvernay - looks noticeably stronger and faster. Loved the burst and the physicality

Ossai - very athletic for a linebacker. Very bright future.

Overshown - there's gotta be a way we can get him on the field more.

Roach - great get off on the snap. Looked great at getting off blocks and getting into the backfield. 

Need improvement: 

Ayodele - not very physical at the point of attack. Gets lost in the wash frequently.

Boyce - all around just not good.

Safeties - I expected a bit more from Sterns, Jones, and Foster. I'll just mark this as an off night. I expect we'll see much better against the swamp rats. 

All the CBs were ass when it came to tackling. All of them. That's a serious coaching deficiency.

All the CBs were ass when it came to tackling. All of them. That's a serious coaching deficiency.
Boyd, Davis and Hollywood Hill were all ass at tackling until their last season on the 40, so I don't think it's the coaching as much as its ridding them of their high school ways.

I just hope it doesn't take this bunch until their 3rd or 4th year..
  • Like 1

Most beautiful thing these eyes have ever seen....

At least on that night.
and he walked it off like whatever...

that whole play was clutch... Sam knew the pressure was coming on the end and just reversed out like whatever... rolls out left, shoulders square... makes a late throw and the sideline.

I am pretty sure he and CJ planned it to look like that...

or they just have their shit together and are pretty good.