SNL’s Black Jeopardy

Hugo Stiglitz

I guess the "white people don't season food" thing is the new "chicken and watermelon" for racial food stereotypes? I am from the south and I love fried chicken, kool aid and watermelon (kool aid has been replaced with an adult beverage now) and I don't know any white people who don't season food, so I am a loss for how this became thing and why this is funny.

I remember watching the Tom Hanks one live. It was absolutely hilarious. 

I grow tired of SNL's overplay of the same cliche political stereotypes over and over and over again. I swear it's been like an entire year since they didn't do a Trump press conference cold opening.  it's just low-hanging fruit and it gets old fast.

This skit had some really creative writing that actually managed to create some unity between two different people groups. 

16 hours ago, TSipper said:

I guess the "white people don't season food" thing is the new "chicken and watermelon" for racial food stereotypes? I am from the south and I love fried chicken, kool aid and watermelon (kool aid has been replaced with an adult beverage now) and I don't know any white people who don't season food, so I am a loss for how this became thing and why this is funny.

From my experience, white folks up north don't season their food. We, as southerners, and black folks have about the same preferences in food. 

41 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Blacks having poor credit and whites cooking bland potato salad, what novel concepts. Watching that recycled garbage is a sad reminder of how far the show has fallen. Kevorkian should have been called in years ago. 

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1