Liverpool FC: 20 for 20-21

Firemans4Horn

This season is almost identical to his last year at Dortmund (they finished 7th). Fatigue set in after going full tilt in his system for 5 years and Klopp was never really willing to make tactical changes to combat it. Why we still play such a suicidal high line is beyond me...

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Bodowned said:

This season is almost identical to his last year at Dortmund (they finished 7th). Fatigue set in after going full tilt in his system for 5 years and Klopp was never really willing to make tactical changes to combat it. Why we still play such a suicidal high line is beyond me...

I hope Klopp sticks it out at the end of the year. You’re right about how close it is to that Dortmund year and I hope it doesn’t cause us to lose too many of the squad. 
If he does leave though there’s a guy doing wonders with Rangers in Scotland. Some first timer named Gerrard. Seems like he might be worth a shot.

Not sure what to think with Low retiring in Germany.  Still say the same I guess.  I know he was never going to be a super long-term coach, but likes his projects.  Hope it's not over for a ton of reasons, but if it is, WHAT A RIDE!

I think a lot of things are working in Klopp's favor here. Remember back to when Leicester won their title and fired their manager the next season. A lot of "firsts" have happened this season as far as the losing streak and losing at home. Any other club might've sacked him. However, I cut Klopp a lot of slack as losing at home really isn't losing at home. There are no fans. The only benefit to play in your home stadium is familiarity and not having to travel to another city. The lack of supporters is a contributing factor to the stagnation of the club. It's not an environment to fear or to motivate. Some of those losses might've been ties with supporters. Sure, there are issues with the offense and constant rotation of defensive pairings. I have faith that Klopp can fix the offense. I would imagine the international layoff is going to be a bit of a retooling session. I really hope we roll out and beat the piss out of Leipzig tomorrow. Just stay in the tournament and who the hell knows what can happen. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2