I'm sick of these mother fucking scorpions on this mother fucking house

Our deer camp will get the odd scorpion and centipede very now and again.  It’s not a big problem.  

Now that it’s the dead heat of summer we are getting a lot of kissing bugs coming out at night.  Those mofos are really bad for dogs and humans if they carry the Chagas disease.   

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This thread.  Just when I had run out of fuel for nightmares.

When we moved into our newly built home in 2011, we had tons of black widows in the back yard, most on a 60' stretch of landscape wall made of large rocks.  I only had a propane torch the first night.  flashlight, and torch killed 20 of them in the rock wall in our backyard in the first night.  Regular patrols netted 30 or so more during the next few weeks.

Oddly, a delightful little pop and flash when the little bitches ignite.

Edited by TeeDubya

• 3 weeks later...

@ROFL BOX you obviously have a ton of experience with this.  I lived in a house out in the bandera hills while in college.  This house has a shit ton of scorpions. My roommates room, in particular. And it didn’t matter what room he was in, they’d follow him.  I’m not a biologist, but I swear they follow certain smells.  Other anecdotal evidence, there was carpet downstairs.  We used to use that powder smell good shit in it.  As soon as we’d sprinkle that shit along the walls, they’d come out by the dozen. We’d suck them up with a vacuum.  Used to vacuum several times a week.  Out of the hundreds that he killed in his room, he was never stung once.    Don’t know if this helps or is even true, but may help you bring a few more out of the proverbial wood work.  I really hated walking around that house barefoot at night.  

"powder that smells good"... I had a GF back from around '90 to '94 that had some sorta personal hygiene regimen & her cooter smelt of heaven sent.  Maybe I need to ask her what the secret to her success was all about.

New capture tonight.  Was doing the usual bottlecap thing & it grabbed on.

2021 Aug 27 2.jpg

2021 Aug 27 3.jpg