2021 Head Coach Candidate Thread of Pain

BurntOrange&White

3 hours ago, Not a cat said:

Michigan?  That ain't happening.  Urban has a restaurant with a private dining room called the 7-0 room, in honor of his record vs michigan.  No way Michigan hires him.  Plus they're administration is a lot like ours and loves the smell of their own farts and feel they're above hiring him.

Bama is unlikely solely because he'll be following in the footsteps of Saban who'll get all the credit.  Same with Clemson.

He wants a traditional power that can win now but is starved for success.  That's in order 1. ND (he's named after a pope, that's his first choice by default), 2. Texas, 3. USC, 4 OU.  Maybe OU is above USC solely because he'd get to depants herman for a year or two 

I was listing programs that wouldn’t be an obvious step down for Urban, because he’s not at a place in life to just collect a paycheck like Brown or Miles.  Personally I think it’s more like Dome first and USC second.  Us, OU and LSU are probably pretty even.  

He doesn’t seem to mind taking over a stacked roster which is why Bama if Saban retires or Clemson if Saban retires and picks up Dabo, seems like a longer shot but I wouldn’t rule it out.  Kelly os doing ok at Dome but they won’t keep him forever if he doesn’t win big in the next few years.  USC is probably the best bet.  

OU looks like they are imploding, Riley could go NFL if it gets really bad, but I can’t see him getting fired in the next few years at least unless they lose aMost of their games or don’t turn it back around next year.  LSU, who fucking knows   

we know what we have in shithead, if we lose 4 or more this year he should be cut loose but we know how this story goes.   There’s momentum starting to build behind making a move but we will have to see how the season plays out to know if it’s enough.  

If he returns to coaching, and I think he will, my bet is on the next opening at one of the teams above, and there will be at least one opening this year or next.  Here’s to hoping Helton can get his shit together and win a bunch of games this year. 

On 10/6/2020 at 7:43 PM, Brothahorn said:

Plus he turned down Colorado.

That is of no consequence to UT. Colorado has no fans that are comparable to UT / OU's. I live in Boulder. The home games are like a concert, a party. I've lived here 13 years, and I've never met a CU fan comparable to a Nebraska, OU, UT, or Alabama fan in regards to intensity. Broncos fans... plenty of 'em. No one is as passionate about CU football as our die-hards. UT could get Bieniemy. $$$ could be comparable to NFL.

Edited by BoomerSooner2578

1 hour ago, BoomerSooner2578 said:

That is of no consequence to UT. Colorado has no fans that are comparable to UT / OU's. I live in Boulder. The home games are like a concert, a party. I've lived here 13 years, and I've never met a CU fan comparable to a Nebraska, OU, UT, or Alabama fan in regards to intensity. Broncos fans... plenty of 'em. No one is as passionate about CU football as our die-hards. UT could get Bieniemy. $$$ could be comparable to NFL.

I hear you. But since he turned down his own school, I take that as a sign of wanting to stay in the NFL. 

Most likely we will never know, because he will several pro offers this off season.