Liverpool 21-22: van Dijk Strikes Back

Firemans4Horn

Still can't believe that was called a penalty but ultimately it doesn't really matter. Would rather they'd called the clear penalty on Jota when we played Spuds.

Nine points back with a game in hand, which still puts us as a long shot but it's far from over. We are away to City on April 9 and have some tricky PL fixtures prior to our visit, as well as the League Cup final and our CL fixtures against Inter: 

v Leicester 

@ Burnley

v Norwich

v West Ham

@ Brighton 

v Man U

v Watford

Man City's upcoming PL fixtures

v Brentford

@ Norwich

v Tottenham

@ Everton

v Man U

@ Palace

v Brighton

@ Burnley

So I'll admit I knew little about Diaz before this AM.  Listened and watched ~137 podcasts on TAW, and feel like I know him.

Clearly minutes this season are going to be a premium, but can see him developing into his role going into next season, wher at the end Mane's contract is up (I think I have that right).  If he pans out, getting Jota and him while having Salah/Mane/Firmino at their peaks is GREAT business.  A lot of ifs in that though.

20 hours ago, mdmost said:

Nice. Learn me on the idea with him? Backup or Thiago insurance? Keita replacement?

Just watching YouTube compilations he reminds me of Keita. Definitely a more attacking midfielder but not afraid to get stuck in and win the ball back. Kinda hard to see us re-signing Naby unless he can put his fitness issues behind him so it makes sense that Carvalho would be his replacement.

It'll be interesting to see how Nat does when he's surrounded by lesser talent. (Albeit playing against lesser talent as well.)

Hope he does well and it pans out for him at Bournemouth, they're certainly due for a good player from us after we sold them Ibe, Solanke, and Brad Smith. Woof.

• Hook 'Em 1