Fort Worth Mayoral runoff Jun 5th

StassneyHorn

Betsy Price is gone. Fort Worth runoff between Debbie Peoples and Maddie Parker.

Debbie Parker is the chairwoman of the Democratic Party in Tarrant Coubty and hoping to be the city’s first black mayor, while Debbie Parker is a millennial Republican lawyer looking to takeover from Price after serving as her chief of staff.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/politics/may-1-election-results-fort-worth-picking-first-new-mayor-in-a-decade/2620646/

29 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Betsy Price is gone. Fort Worth runoff between Debbie Peoples and Maddie Parker.

Debbie Parker is the chairwoman of the Democratic Party in Tarrant Coubty and hoping to be the city’s first black mayor, while Debbie Parker is a millennial Republican lawyer looking to takeover from Price after serving as her chief of staff.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/politics/may-1-election-results-fort-worth-picking-first-new-mayor-in-a-decade/2620646/

I’m confused.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I’m confused.

FW mayoral race is technically “non-partisan” and no one cleared 50% on May 1 general. Top 2 advanced to June 1 runoff 

17 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I’m confused.

Oof, fucked that up and edit is gone. Phone kept adding the ‘s on Peoples and I blanked when I backspaced.

Debbie Peoples is the chairwoman of Tarrant County Dems, and Maddie Parker is the millennial Republican running.

2 year terms, most recent elections have never reached above 50k except this year’s general in the 67k area. Runoff already has over 62k as well. I think the Mail-in ballots will be interesting to see how they go. There was the option to always receive Mail applications for every election so if you marked that in the presidential election you should get one automatically. Those went 60-40 in favor of Dems in the 2020 election for the county, have to think city limits will be higher.

https://www.tarrantcounty.com/content/dam/main/elections/2021/0621/ev_reports/dailytotals.pdf

Edited by StassneyHorn

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

while Mattie Parker is a millennial Republican lawyer looking to takeover from Price after serving as her chief of staff.

Fixed.

Hmm..Mattie Parker, not shabby at all for a Republican lawyer.

Spoiler

banner_2b.jpg?format=2500w

Where'd she go to school at?

She graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with a Bachelor of Arts in Government 

Hook 'em?

and has a law degree from Texas A&M University School of Law where she was awarded the prestigious MacLean & Boulware Endowed Law Scholarship.

Oh.

Edited by atomheartbevo

MP is a friend and is good people. Very moderate, although given the way all of the state Rs have been trending, I’d feel hesitant about aiding her ascent to higher power assuming she proceeds with the inevitable heel turn to the right. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Mattie went to Texas Wesleyan Law School and graduated before A&M bought the law school. A&M bought the school in 2013, she graduated in 2012.

A lot of Wesleyan law graduates claim A&M law on their resumes and LinkedIn profiles because their law school doesn't exist anymore. That said, A&M doesn't consider them alumni officially and won't reissue their degrees. Shits borked.

12 minutes ago, USMCHorn said:

Mattie went to Texas Wesleyan Law School and graduated before A&M bought the law school. A&M bought the school in 2013, she graduated in 2012.

A lot of Wesleyan law graduates claim A&M law on their resumes and LinkedIn profiles because their law school doesn't exist anymore. That said, A&M doesn't consider them alumni officially and won't reissue their degrees. Shits borked.

I have a family member (from the weird side) who had the same thing happen, graduated TWLS in 2012 then A&M bought it and he has claimed that the administration told them all they needed to change their resumes/linkedin profiles to reflect as such when she was pressed on this issue and what in the world was going on.