I hate the off-season

DalTxHornFan

When I was younger, invariably on some night this time of the year, I'd have an anxiety dream about the upcoming season. We'd be losing to some team like Rice by a weird score like 39-4....Every single June, variations on that dream. As of gotten older and the team's been worse, I haven't had one of those dreams in about ten or 12 years. 

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

When I was younger, invariably on some night this time of the year, I'd have an anxiety dream about the upcoming season. We'd be losing to some team like Rice by a weird score like 39-4....Every single June, variations on that dream. As of gotten older and the team's been worse, I haven't had one of those dreams in about ten or 12 years. 

I have dreams all the time like that. Especially the OU game. Sometimes we lose terribly sometimes we're killing them. Or we'll be at home and playing someone like LSU. DKR never looks like it should. There's always some weird expansion or the seats and boxes are different. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NoRagrets said:

Every off season I fill my kid with unsubstantiated optimism “show me a loss” prognostications, and at the end of every season he realizes more and more how stupid I am.

My son's were babies during the good years and came of age during the bad years so this hits close to home.

12 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

69 days until football against the Raging Cajuns -- This board will be an even bigger cesspool of worthless comments and unfounded speculation until then.  That is all.  Hook 'em!

yeah this board has gone to shit - used to be the off season was filled with Fitlump and her tits,  a saga of canoe trips with geese and hot chicks getting all pissed about their pictures being taken, or a closeted childrens pastor posting as a cumslut.