2018-19 Texas Longhorns thread

Machinator

52 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Wasn't Forte more highly rated than Demarcus Holland?

We didn’t even actively recruit Holland, he was found while recruiting Ibeh. Y’all act like we took Holland over Smart, and these takes are total revisionist history. We had to sign a huge class that year and Holland was a late add-on who came in with zero expectation. He exceeded everyone’s expectations at Texas, so you can imagine my surprise to find out now, in the summer of 2018, that signing him is what killed our program. 

Losing your best 3-pt shooter halfway through the season with a roster lacking other 3-pt threats isn't very conducive to scoring.
Neither is shooting 3-ptrs the entire game when you dont have any shooters.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

58 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

It was most definitely brought up at the time and has been talked about multiple times since. 

If this is re: signing Forte to get Smart it’s still total nit picking. You act like we were alone in passing on Forte as a means to an end, when that’s what essentially every other school in the running did as well. This decision did not doom Tecas basketball, the prior recruiting class and ensuing mass exodus did.

8 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Again, we didn’t even actively recruit Holland

That’s total BS. 100% fabrication. Everybody wanted Ibeh at the time and Holland was someone who we serendipitously found while recruiting Ibeh. 

The post was about Smart/Forte.

It was discussed at the time and during the 4 yrs Forte was at OSU.

Edited by WJC88
He realised the reference

1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

Again, we didn’t even actively recruit Holland

That’s total BS. 100% fabrication. Everybody wanted Ibeh at the time and Holland was someone who we serendipitously found while recruiting Ibeh. 

Edit:

misread what he was saying. Responded to it below.

You behave as if you're the only one on here who doesn't have amnesia or something. The discussion of signing Forte to ensure Smart coming was definitely brought up time and time again. And it was brought up again during that season when people started comparing Javon Felix to Forte and saying the difference between the 2 wasn't worth totally losing our chance to get Smart. Additionally, we were well below the scholarship limit that season (like was often the case during Barnes last half decade here) so it wasn't even an either/or proposition 

^^^^ Already responded to that. And you’re seriously suggesting that we should have signed even MORE players? It definitely was an either/or situation. In 2011 we brought in

•Sheldon McClellan

•Myck Kabongo

•Julien Lewis

•Jonathan Holmes

•Jaylen Bond

•Sterling Gibbs

In 2012 we brought in

•Ioannis Papapetrou

•Cam Ridley

•Prince Ibeh

•Demarcus Holland

•Javan Felix

•Connor Lammert 

Two consecutive six man recruiting classes and you think we had room for two more?

On 6/6/2018 at 9:00 PM, Goo Punch said:

I invite any of the Shaka Smart champions to compare next year‘s roster with the roster which I have provided above. I especially invite TexasStrong12 to make the first substantive post of his basketball posting career, and give me his own original thoughts as to why next year‘s roster is more well-rounded, more complete, and better overall than the first roster with Shaka inherited. 

Paging @texasstrong12, stop ignoring this post. 

10 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

^^^^ Already responded to that. And you’re seriously suggesting that we should have signed even MORE players? It definitely was an either/or situation. In 2011 we brought in

•Sheldon McClellan

•Myck Kabongo

•Julien Lewis

•Jonathan Holmes

•Jaylen Bond

•Sterling Gibbs

In 2012 we brought in

•Ioannis Papapetrou

•Cam Ridley

•Prince Ibeh

•Demarcus Holland

•Javan Felix

•Connor Lammert 

Two consecutive six man recruiting classes and you think we had room for two more?

Sterling Gibbs was gone by the following year thus we only had 11 scholarship players for the 2012-2013 season

2 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

It's 2:39 in the morning. 

He’s seen the post several times by now, and that tag is still going to be there when he sees it again tomorrow. Pretty tired of this guy crushing the guys from Shaka’s first team (“no talent”) while championing the upcoming roster as if they aren’t comparable. Also sick of a guy who can’t make a single original post having the gall to not only denounce other people’s opinions but to insult them as well. 

Edited by Goo Punch

4 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Texasstrong is a good poster who adds a lot to this board.

....in threads besides this one. In this thread he makes things personal out of nowhere, is seemingly always involved in some knock down, drag out argument with someone, and for some reason he has aligned himself cameltoe. Not good.

And I don’t think he needs a bunch of white knights coming in here and standing up for him like he’s getting picked on or something. He’s a big boy, he can reply on his own. Hes got no problem insulting other people and their opinions, but can he make a single thoughtful or original reply to back up his shit talk? To this point, no. Still waiting.

21 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I'm of the opinion that texasstrong and Goo Punch / Derka need to just ignore each other, because they're never going to see eye to eye.

There’s a reason for that. He decided that I was his adversary and despite me actually ignoring him we would. not. stop. poking. the. bear. Insults, shit-talk, making every response towards me some personal attack. So fuck it, I accept the role. Let’s duke it out, let’s both bring our thoughts to the table and lay our reasonings out there. He can’t do it. If it’s not a twitter link he has nothing to say.

12 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

I'm not a white knight.  I'm expressing an opinion, just like you.  These slapfights are a stupid distraction and end up making for a shitty basketball board.  That's my stake in the matter.

I’m a good poster who adds a lot to the board; where were you every time he was insulting me? Where were you when he absolutely would not stop mischaracterizing every single thing that UTL was saying when they got into a slap fight two days ago? Why are you the second person in a week running in here with the “leave TS12 alone” posts when he’s gotten into it with someone? As if he played no role in any of this. I’m tired of him insulting me and my opinions without ever responding to me with his own thoughts. If he’s going to come after me he at least needs to back it up. That’s all I’m asking. 

This is the guy who Derka’d this thread two days ago when he kept calling people out for dissing Kamaka Hepa, and when asked to provide a link to what he was talking about said he couldn’t be bothered to do that. Well then stop calling people out if you have nothing more to say after that.

Edited by Goo Punch

The roster in Shaka's first year was a solid college roster but to praise it so unconditionally is insane.  Ridley was dominating that year but then went down halfway through the season and was never a factor again.  Taylor got hurt in early February and was severly limited the rest of the way.  Those were our 2 best players.  Ibeh was a one trick pony but a liabilty elsewhere.  He also had his only decent season under Smart.  Felix was a good shooter but a liability elsewhere.  Holland and Yancey lost their playing times to Roach and Davis.  Lammert was ok.  There was no front court depth.

First off, nobody has ever praised that roster unconditionally, or even approached that. Second, uh, that team had front court depth. The main guy got hurt and the dude who replaced him won the conference DPOY. Cam Ridley, Connor Lammert, Prince Ibeh, and Shaq Cleare is more front court depth than like 330 other D-1 teams. 

Also, the “Ibeh bloomed under Smart” thing comes up again. Smart didn’t even play Ibeh until he had to. The idea that Smart saw something in Ibeh and helped him flourish is just wrong. Similar to Jericho Sims last year who was a guy who did *nothing* for like 20 games, then got forced into a starting role and it turned out he wasn’t totally useless, and in fact he was pretty good. Crediting Shaka with Ibeh’s performance is totally off base when in reality Ibeh probably needed more minutes to begin with.

18 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

First off, nobody has ever praised that roster unconditionally, or even approached that. Second, uh, that team had front court depth. The main guy got hurt and the dude who replaced him won the conference DPOY. Cam Ridley, Connor Lammert, Prince Ibeh, and Shaq Cleare is more front court depth than like 330 other D-1 teams. 

Also, the “Ibeh bloomed under Smart” thing comes up again. Smart didn’t even play Ibeh until he had to. The idea that Smart saw something in Ibeh and helped him flourish is just wrong. Similar to Jericho Sims last year who was a guy who did *nothing* for like 20 games, then got forced into a starting role and it turned out he wasn’t totally useless, and in fact he was pretty good. Crediting Shaka with Ibeh’s performance is totally off base when in reality Ibeh probably needed more minutes to begin with.

How was there front court depth when we had 2 bigs during conference play? Ridley was out.  Cleare was barely warmed over dogshit.  

To downplay what Shaka's staff did to maximize what they could get from Ibeh that year is ridiculous.  Ibeh didn't get minutes from either staff until there was simply no other option.  There's a reason for that.

7 minutes ago, txhorns said:

How was there front court depth when we had 2 bigs during conference play? Ridley was out.  Cleare was barely warmed over dogshit.  

To downplay what Shaka's staff did to maximize what they could get from Ibeh that year is ridiculous.  Ibeh didn't get minutes from either staff until there was simply no other option.  There's a reason for that.

How are not seeing the front court depth? Four serviceable bigs with who were all 4th year players. The main guy got hurt and his backup ended up contributing very nicely. That is the definition of front court depth. Again, the number of teams in the country with four better front court players than those guys is small. And it’s not that this was some legendary front court, it’s simply that having four front court players with that type of size and experience doesn’t happen for many teams. Look at Shaka’s other teams:

2016- Jarrett Allen, Shaq Cleare

2017- Bamba, DO, Sims

those front courts lack depth. Cleare went from 4th in minutes to second (essentially by default) in 16-17, and then last year Bamba was great, DO was terrible and hung out on the perimeter, and Sims hardley played. Those teams lacked front court depth. His first team had it.

Edited by Goo Punch

14 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

How are not seeing the front court depth? Four serviceable bigs with who were all 4th year players. The main guy got hurt and his backup ended up contributing very nicely. That is the definition of front court depth. Again, the number of teams in the country with four better front court players than those guys is small. And it’s not that this was some legendary front court, it’s simply that having four front court players with that type of size and experience doesn’t happen for many teams. Look at Shaka’s other teams:

2016- Jarrett Allen, Shaq Cleare

2017- Bamba, DO, Sims

those front courts lack depth. Cleare went from 4th in minutes to second (essentially by default) in 16-17, and then last year Bamba was great, DO was terrible and hung out on the perimeter, and Sims hardley played. Those teams lacked front court depth. His first team had it.

Ridley played for one third of the season.  Cleare was simply a warm body who had to play so that Lammert and ibeh did not die.  Throwing a warm body who is terrible on the court does not equal depth.

Just now, txhorns said:

Ridley played for one third of the season.  Cleare was simply a warm body who had to play so that Lammert and ibeh did not die.  Throwing a warm body who is terrible on the court does not equal depth.

Oh my god man, how are you not getting this. Stop talking about Ridley getting injured- it has nothing to do with anything. Brass fucking tacks man:

Four fourth year players in the post, three of whom are Big XII starter quality. That is better than post depth than 90% of D-1 teams. It is the definition of pst depth. Ridley getting hurt and Ibeh stepping in and playing well is post depth in action. Having one guy who is a low post double-double machine, one guy who is a freak defender, one guy who shoots threes and passes from the high post, plus a fourth big whonwas at least serviceable is post depth defined. If you still can’t see it then I can’t help you.

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

Saying Cleare was legitimate frontcourt depth for the 2015-16 season is like saying Tristan Nickelson was legitimate depth at tackle for the 2017 football team.

He was our fourth big. He played 12 mpg and put up numbers similar to Jericho Sims last year.  Nobody is bragging about him.

7 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Well nobody is shocked that you won’t make one single substantive post. Stop talking so much shit if you won’t even back up what you say with anything substantive.

We had an argument 2 or 3 days ago and you're still tagging me in posts to try and engage in more arguments. 

Find help. 

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

We had an argument 2 or 3 days ago and you're still tagging me in posts to try and engage in more arguments. 

Find help. 

First off, that’s your MO. Second, please tell me in your own words why next year’s roster is so promising when you’ve also sworn up and down that Shaka’s first roster was trash. I’m just asking for you to explain your POV. 

Edited by Goo Punch

10 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Shaka’s first roster was trash.

This is why I don't engage you on these type arguments. I've never once said Shaka's first roster was "trash". I said it wasn't nearly as talented as you try to argue. 

This is why nobody wants to engage with you. You distort arguments to fit your narrative and then cry wolf for months (case in point) when somebody calls you out for it.  

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, texasstrong12 said:

This is why I don't engage you on these type arguments. I've never once said Shaka's first roster was "trash". I said it wasn't nearly as talented as you try to argue. 

This is why nobody wants to engage with you. You distort arguments to fit your narrative. 

You literally keep describing yourself. Or were you not there when you were distorting everything that both UTL and I said? Seriously dude, quit copping out and for once in your life make give an original thought. And stop lying. You described that roster as ha isn’t zero talent over and over and over. 

12 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

You described that roster as ha isn’t zero talent over and over and over. 

http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/176557-Fire-Shaka-Smart/page3

"There's no denying last year's team had talent. Just not nearly as much as you think because you are a Rick Barnes fanboy."

This is why I'm not going to argue with you anymore. You're just a liar that distorts arguments to fit his narrative. Carry on. 

Edited by texasstrong12

Just now, texasstrong12 said:

http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/176557-Fire-Shaka-Smart/page3

"There's no denying last year's team had talent. Just not nearly as much as you think because you are a Rick Barnes fanboy."

This is why I'm not going to argue with you anymore. You're just a liar that distorts arguments to fit his narrative. Carry on. 

You really just can’t make the one simple explanation. You’d rather selectively quote yourself one time when you know for a fact how often you trashed that team. Your refusal to compare the two rosters says everything about you- if you aren’t simply pasting a twitter link you have absolutely nothing to contribute.

Strange, because this is the first post of yours when I click that link:

Last year's team didn't have single player that will probably get a second in the NBA, outside of maybe Taylor. That group won a grand total of 1 tournament game and averaged around 14 losses a year. 

They were decent college players, but that's about it. You have a clear bias when it comes to Rick Barnes and his players.

If that team was so loaded with talent then why weren't any of them given a shot in the NBA? Why didn't they win more than 1 tournament game in their tenure at Texas? Why did they average nearly 14 losses a season?

FYI the one tournament win that group had was over ASU who has made the tournament like 1 time in 7 years.

Edited by Goo Punch

So that team was merely some decent college players who never really accomplished anything. Great. Now compare that roster to the upcoming one. I’m expecting next year’s roster to clearly be much better than Shaka’s first roster since you’re so high on them. That’s all I’m asking. It’s the literal reason we’re here- to discuss these things.

Edited by Goo Punch

Yeah, that was exactly my point. That the team wasn't nearly as talented as you thought because only 1 player (Taylor) was going to sniff the NBA. Go on and show me the posts where I called the roster "trash". I'll wait. 

This will be the last post I make in response to you, because I don't want to derail the thread again. This is also boring. 

I would seek help if you are tagging me at 2:30 in the morning demanding an immediate response. 

Edited by texasstrong12

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

Yeah, that was exactly my point. That the team wasn't nearly as talented as you thought because only 1 player (Taylor) was going to sniff the NBA. Go on and show me the posts where I called the roster "trash". I'll wait. 

So then compare that roster to the upcoming roster. You project Texas to be much improved next year, and you are high on the roster. I say it’s no better than the 2015-16 version. Now give me your thoughts. Show me why this roster is so much better than that one.

Here you are on that same page claiming that Shaka’s original roster was less talented than the one that went 11-22:

It's tough to tell. Last year's team had so much more experience. 

Last time I looked we were 343 out of 351 teams in terms of experience this year (per Kenpom). That was before we lost Yancy too, we could be the youngest team in the country by the time the season ends. Last year's team was probably near the top.

Last year's team wasn't more talented IMO, they were just much more experienced and we had more depth. It's tough to replace like 7 upperclassmen  with a bunch of FR/SO.

17 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

First off, that’s your MO. Second, please tell me in your own words why next year’s roster is so promising when you’ve also sworn up and down that Shaka’s first roster was trash. I’m just asking for you to explain your POV. 

I will take this one.  I think next year's team has a ton of potential.  We will have quality guard depth.  I think we start 3 guards next year.  Coleman and Roach are all Big 12 type guards.  The other starter is probably Long, at least at first because of his experience.  Ramey and Febres are quality back ups.  Coleman should improve some on what was a fabulous freshman year.  Roach is a great defender.  He shot very well at the end of the year and is much better off the ball.  Long should be an adequate ball handler and shooter.  I don't think he will be great but he should be a good role player for what we have.  If Febres can shoot this year it is a game changer.

Sims and DO are quality front court players.  I know everyone hates DO but I think he will be fine if his minutes get reduced a little and he can play more off the ball.  Sims has the potential to be dominant.  I don't think we see that just yet but he should still be a good rebounder and able to take advantage of mismatches inside.  I think Hepa can provide some backup minutes as a stretch 4 here.  Goo made a great comparison for Hayes earlier as being very similar to Ibeh.  Hopefully he can provide a few minutes a game as a rim protector.

Liddell will get some minutes on the wing.  He is the type of player we have been missing for years (6-7 athletic wing).  The freshmen have a ton of potential but are far from being game changers for next year.  I think Hepa is the best of the bunch next year mostly because I think he plays the most minutes.  Thankfully we won't be counting on any freshmen to be starters and the main contributors.

Our two biggest questions marks are pretty obvious, outside shooting and front court depth.  Shooting will be a team effort.  Coleman and Roach will probably be adequate but not great.  We need to find some shooting from Febres, Long or Ramey.  The front court depth is mostly relying on talented but questionable freshmen.  If we can get 25 quality out of Hepa, Hayes, and Liddell there we will be good.  

I think all of this is good enough for a top 4 finish in conference with a record of 11-7 or 10-8.  Now if somehow Jones makes it back and is able to play at a level anywhere close to what he was last year then our outlook should be much better.

• Like 3

Let me make my stance clear.  I think we could be top 2 in conference or bottom 4 next year.  We have a shit ton of potential but right now most of it is just potential.  If the shooting and front court depth gets fixed plus Jones comes back at even 80% I could see us being behind only Kansas.  If Jones doesn't come back and we lose Sims for the year I could see us being bottom 4.  So in summarization, I don't know shit.

13 minutes ago, txhorns said:

I will take this one.  I think next year's team has a ton of potential.  We will have quality guard depth.  I think we start 3 guards next year.  Coleman and Roach are all Big 12 type guards.  The other starter is probably Long, at least at first because of his experience.  Ramey and Febres are quality back ups.  Coleman should improve some on what was a fabulous freshman year.  Roach is a great defender.  He shot very well at the end of the year and is much better off the ball.  Long should be an adequate ball handler and shooter.  I don't think he will be great but he should be a good role player for what we have.  If Febres can shoot this year it is a game changer.

Sims and DO are quality front court players.  I know everyone hates DO but I think he will be fine if his minutes get reduced a little and he can play more off the ball.  Sims has the potential to be dominant.  I don't think we see that just yet but he should still be a good rebounder and able to take advantage of mismatches inside.  I think Hepa can provide some backup minutes as a stretch 4 here.  Goo made a great comparison for Hayes earlier as being very similar to Ibeh.  Hopefully he can provide a few minutes a game as a rim protector.

Liddell will get some minutes on the wing.  He is the type of player we have been missing for years (6-7 athletic wing).  The freshmen have a ton of potential but are far from being game changers for next year.  I think Hepa is the best of the bunch next year mostly because I think he plays the most minutes.  Thankfully we won't be counting on any freshmen to be starters and the main contributors.

Our two biggest questions marks are pretty obvious, outside shooting and front court depth.  Shooting will be a team effort.  Coleman and Roach will probably be adequate but not great.  We need to find some shooting from Febres, Long or Ramey.  The front court depth is mostly relying on talented but questionable freshmen.  If we can get 25 quality out of Hepa, Hayes, and Liddell there we will be good.  

I think all of this is good enough for a top 4 finish in conference with a record of 11-7 or 10-8.  Now if somehow Jones makes it back and is able to play at a level anywhere close to what he was last year then our outlook should be much better.

Well said, and I don’t disagree with any of that enough to rebut it. My outlook on the team and roster is pretty similar to yours. The thing for me is that I’d still take Shaka’s first team over this one, particularly for its depth, variety, and senior players. That team was more varied and more experienced, and yet we finished with a season fairly similar to the one we’ve projected for next year. You’ll have to give me your thoughts on a comparison of the two rosters, but if we neither one of us thinks that our upcoming team has a markedly better roster than Shaka’s first team, then we might be looking at our current projection becoming more of a ceiling.

1 minute ago, Goo Punch said:

Well said, and I don’t disagree with any of that enough to rebut it. My outlook on the team and roster is pretty similar to yours. The thing for me is that I’d still take Shaka’s first team over this one, particularly for its depth, variety, and senior players. That team was more varied and more experienced, and yet we finished with a season fairly similar to the one we’ve projected for next year. You’ll have to give me your thoughts on a comparison of the two rosters, but if we neither one of us thinks that our upcoming team has a markedly better roster than Shaka’s first team, then we might be looking at our current projection becoming more of a ceiling.

I don't have time to do a side by side comparison of the rosters so I won't.   I will compare them in this way though...next year's roster has the potential to be MUCH better than Shaka's first year but that is based on us having a lot of good luck.  We knew exactly what we had with the 15-16 roster.  Unfortunately we didn't get to see them reach their potential due to injuries.  But let's say everything goes right this next year.  Jones is back, healthy and as good as last year.  Febres becomes a top outside shooter.  Coleman and Roach both get better.  Sims learns a couple of post moves and stays out of foul trouble.  Hepa is a top 20 type freshman.  Hayes can do something other than be extremely athletic.  That's a Final Four caliber team.  Which is next year's potential.  Problem is there is as much a chance of all that happening as SJU and Alexandria Daddario showing up to my house begging for a threesome tonight.  (outlook not so good)

What I actually think happens is that we end up 4th in conference.  We win a game in the Big 12 tournament.  Then we win a game or 2 in the big dance.  That's a good but not great season for us.

37 minutes ago, txhorns said:

I don't have time to do a side by side comparison of the rosters so I won't.

The roster next year is more talented in terms of top tier talent than the roster in '15-16. 

Not a single player off the '15-16 roster was drafted. Granted, Taylor has made a career in the NBA. 

Most '19 NBA mock drafts have Sims going in the first round. I bet once they readjust they will project Kerwin Roach in the 2nd round. While Roach was on the '15-16 roster he was more of a back up type option in terms of minutes because he was a FR. 

Then you have Ramey and Hepa. It's a bit of guessing game with both of those, but I'll be surprised if one of those guys doesn't get drafted. This doesn't even include Jones who may or may not be on the roster next year. 

It's a bit of guessing game but I bet the roster next year has at least 2 or 3 NBA draft picks. Not so much with the '15-16 roster. The '15-16 roster was experienced and had decent to good college players. There was definitely talent on the '15-16 roster but not nearly as much as some think. The lack of NBA draft picks pretty much proves the point. 

Edited by texasstrong12

I lied to you fuckers. Here's my quick side by side comparison based off what we had during conference play vs what we are projected to have this year

PG - Taylor vs Coleman - push - a healthy Taylor wins it here but he wasn't healthy

SG - Felix vs Long - Felix - I take Felix for now because we knew he could shoot.  Both are undersized.  Long is simply an unknown at this point.  A healthy Jones would win this in a landslide.

wing - F Roach vs S Roach - 2019 Roach - Roach played starter minutes for the 2015-2016 team.  Senior Roach is better.

PF - Lammert vs DO - DO - Lammert was simply too limited.  DO has the potential to be good if playing the role he is actually suited for

C - Ibeh vs Sims - push for now - Ibeh was a great shot blocker but very me everywhere else.  Sims will be a great rebounder.  As of right now they are both just dunks on offense.  If Sims develops some offensive moves he wins this easily.

backcourt bench - EDJ/Yancey/Mack/Holland/Croaked vs Ramey/Febres/Liddell - 2016 - 2016 wins this right now because of experience and shooting.  2018 is just too unknown right now but has a ton of potential.

front court depth - Cleare (lol) vs Hepa/Hayes/Cunningham/Hamm - 2018 - do I really need to explain this?

If I were making a college team based on players from each year my picks would go like this:

1.Isaiah Taylor

2.Cam Ridley

3.Matt Coleman

4.Kerwin Roach ‘18

5.Kerwin Roach ‘16

6.Jericho Sims

7.Javan Felix 

8.Kamaka Hepa

9.Connor Lammert

10.Prince Ibeh 

11.Dylan Osetkowski 

12.Eric Davis ‘16

13.Gerald Liddell 

Ridley and Coleman were close; Sims and Roach ‘16 were close; they were all fairly close after that.

7 players from the first team, 6 from next year’s. I rate the 2016 team as having the top 2 players, 3 of the top 5 players, and 4 of the top 6 players. I think that it was the superior team. And that’s why I think that our ceiling next year would somewhat mirror our 2015 output. I don’t find this upcoming roster as inspiring as some.

Edited by Goo Punch

I wouldn't take Cam Ridley at #2. He missed most of the season because of an injury. Not sure why you keep including him in these discussions when he hardly played. Ridley wouldn't even be in my top 15 because he played 13 games. 

I also wouldn't take Kerwin Roach ('16) that high either. I bet Sims ('18) and Osetkowski ('18) have a bigger impact just based on minutes played and production. 

Edited by texasstrong12