Grading the Team's Performance Week 1

hpslugga

18 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Looking forward to the analysis.

Won’t be saying a whole lot other than what may go unnoticed. So for example this week, the D grade looks like shit on the surface but when you factor in:

1) what orange boxes they did get

2) the fact that most of the red ones were really on the strength of the volume those guys put in when the game was in hand in the 4th quarter (they had 189 yards in that quarter, overwhelmingly in the short passing game that Texas was letting them have as fool’s gold)…

I wouldn’t be too concerned. The only thing I hated was that they didn’t miss a single fourth down. 

I’m sure it’s already been mentioned but this was the first time in UT history that a new HC made his debut against a ranked team and won it. Not a game I want to do over at all.

10 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

Won’t be saying a whole lot other than what may go unnoticed. So for example this week, the D grade looks like shit on the surface but when you factor in:

1) what orange boxes they did get

2) the fact that most of the red ones were really on the strength of the volume those guys put in when the game was in hand in the 4th quarter (they had 189 yards in that quarter, overwhelmingly in the short passing game that Texas was letting them have as fool’s gold)…

I wouldn’t be too concerned. The only thing I hated was that they didn’t miss a single fourth down. 

I’m sure it’s already been mentioned but this was the first time in UT history that a new HC made his debut against a ranked team and won it. Not a game I want to do over at all.

Very good points. I'd also add that the Cajuns returned a ridiculously veteran, experienced offense that averaged 421 yards and 34 points last year.

The D turned in a solid performance with lots of room for improvement.

There was a lot to be excited about in this game.

45 minutes ago, Pods said:

Very good points. I'd also add that the Cajuns returned a ridiculously veteran, experienced offense that averaged 421 yards and 34 points last year.

The D turned in a solid performance with lots of room for improvement.

There was a lot to be excited about in this game.

This.  Previous coaching staffs lose this f’ing guy.  I had PTSD flashback of the BYU QB chewing through yards.  That didn’t happen.  Penalties need to be addressed, but this win was solid and left no doubt.  Cautiously optimistic…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1