General Milley

Shaddie

is it because you're scared of women?
I blame all the dank* anti-pelosi memes the right cranks out. They hate her but can't really craft a position, it's always vague and unspecified. Really is nothing other than she is a successful female.

*dank meaning musty and lame, not the diggity dank in my evening bowl on Friday.
  • Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

General Milley thinking trump was crazy and also doing what he did allowed by law to properly secure the nation from trump himself or a cronie goin rogue are not mutually exclusive things. I think that’s the context being lost here. 

That's the very reason most reasonable folks see this as nothing to get excited about. Dude did what he should have to protect the interests of the USA, not the fucking lame duck/ outgoing President playing who knows what kind of games.

Edited by slorch

10 hours ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

That was my gut reaction.  I obviously don't know the actual protocols to set up one of these calls and who has to be clued in to it, but the act of calling the other side to tell them we aren't up to anything nefarious I understand happened all the time through the Cold War from the stuff I've read.  I'm sure it is common still.

It happened ALL the time during then Cold War.  Even when Ronnie was ramping the rhetoric up to 11, there were shitloads of back-channel discussions.  Lots of "we are going to do these exercises in these areas, don't lose your shit, let your leaders know we aren't going to attack, we are doing this for our own reasons, and you can throw a public tantrum over it, but don't think we are going to attack you!"

Hell, when Russian and American fighter pilots tangled over Vietnam, there were back-channel discussions that kept it from A) hitting the public airwaves and B) starting a full-blown shooting war between the US and the Soviets.