So, it's obvious that Jake Gyllenhaal took Taylor Swift's V-Card, right?

Aqua Buddha

39 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Good for your kid. Like I said upthread, my kid has a pretty balanced taste in music. She's actually played me stuff that I enjoy. She's had a Nirvana phase over the summer and I still hear Unplugged going through her speakers in her room. I used to try to steer her towards certain music when she was younger but when she got a Spotify account, she started finding her own stuff and I'm good with that. It's funny how some of our music paths have crossed and she'll say "you know who Mitski is?" like I'm some sort of caveman who can barely utter our common language. We're actually going to a Mitski show in February that she begged me to get tickets for. 

Unplugged was recorded 28 years ago yesterday. And what the fuck is Mitski?

Mitski is an indie rock artist. She’s not my jam, but she can play.

My oldest loves 90s hip hop.  He’s got a play list of Tribe, Nas, Biggie that would make a Gen X-er blush.  But he also loves new indie music: Soccer Mommy, Phoebe Bridgers, etc. He turned me on to The Beths.

The whole point of Outlaw Country is to not get boxed in on music. Gotdamn, Johnny was working the edge of music until the day he died.

Open your mind.

Also, Jake Gyllenhaal seems like a douche bag.