So, it's obvious that Jake Gyllenhaal took Taylor Swift's V-Card, right?

Aqua Buddha

Taylor Swift got some motherfucking savage long game.  Dates some dude for a few months when she's 21, he breaks it off, she shelves a 10 minute song along with another 6 minute song and then re-releases multiple versions of them 10 years later because, fuck Scooter Braun.  Not only a 10 minute song but a short film and at least two versions.

Why so distraught over a 3 month relationship where he "took her scarf" or whatever the fuck?  Well, It's obvious.  Play on, player:

image.thumb.png.e68789130f33b19e204aa0a00a485ccc.png

The song you're talking about isn't new and was on her Red album 10 years ago when she was actually coming out of that breakup with the guy who doesn't believe in bathing. It was cut down, like most songs are by good producers, to a more manageable version to put on the album. It was a song that wasn't meant to be a hit but organically became popular among her fans. So when she did this re-releasing of her versions of the albums, she wanted those fans to get a longer version. Older daughter is a Swiftie and loves all her stuff so I naturally hear it. I like that she took back ownership of her music. She's got the cache to pull off something most artists could never do. 

I did enjoy a tweet I saw the other day that Jake Gyllenhaal has gotten murdered a lot lately. First, by Peter Parker and now by Taylor Swift. 

3 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Taylor Swift got some motherfucking savage long game.  Dates some dude for a few months when she's 21, he breaks it off, she shelves a 10 minute song along with another 6 minute song and then re-releases multiple versions of them 10 years later because, fuck Scooter Braun.  Not only a 10 minute song but a short film and at least two versions.

Why so distraught over a 3 month relationship where he "took her scarf" or whatever the fuck?  Well, It's obvious.  Play on, player:

image.thumb.png.e68789130f33b19e204aa0a00a485ccc.png

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886friojsu2aid8v33341

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, mdmost said:

The song you're talking about isn't new and was on her Red album 10 years ago when she was actually coming out of that breakup with the guy who doesn't believe in bathing. It was cut down, like most songs are by good producers, to a more manageable version to put on the album. It was a song that wasn't meant to be a hit but organically became popular among her fans. So when she did this re-releasing of her versions of the albums, she wanted those fans to get a longer version. Older daughter is a Swiftie and loves all her stuff so I naturally hear it. I like that she took back ownership of her music. She's got the cache to pull off something most artists could never do. 

I did enjoy a tweet I saw the other day that Jake Gyllenhaal has gotten murdered a lot lately. First, by Peter Parker and now by Taylor Swift. 

This my be the most old man out of touch post of all time on this site….  You really should have ended it with get off my lawn and I have no clue what my daughter is doing.

E4D5BDE9-8634-4722-9A62-A543EB1648F3.gif

Edited by Hook1997

11 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I'd rather teabag a running Vitamix than watch this fucking miserable schlock. Jesus H Christ.

And good for Taylor for taking back control of her recordings. Scooter Braun is a fucking weasel. But point above still stands.

Edited by smuggs
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Herpa Derpa said:

You have failed us all by ignoring your fatherly duty to tell your kid, "YOU WILL NOT LISTEN TO THIS TRASH IN MY HOUSE!"

Nah. It's fine. She can listen to what she wants. She's open to a lot of different genres. My dad lived through listening to rap with me in the late 80s/early 90s so I can endure Taylor Swift and the other stuff she listens to. #girldad

7 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

This my be the most old man out of touch post of all time on this site….  You really should have ended it with get off my lawn and I have no clue what my daughter is doing.

E4D5BDE9-8634-4722-9A62-A543EB1648F3.gif

I'd imagine you go through most of your life in a constant state of not understanding pretty much anything. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Taylor Swift is a talented musician and songwriter. All Too Well is a good song. "Vapid female pop star is bad" is a fine old man drum to beat but she's actually one of the most talented and hardworking people out there and it isn't because of a bunch of men in 3 piece suits that she's been the white queen of pop for 15 years.

Breakup music always has some cringe to it. I haven't followed any actual or manufactured drama around Swift's rerecording of Red and the extended All Too Well with Gyllenhaal because I'm not a little girl or someone who is mad at women. I think what she is doing by rerecording her music is awesome and I hope labels lose bigly as they try to include clauses that extend their ownership to any future masters of the same music created by recording artists.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kennythetiger said:

I enjoyed the Ryan Adams remake of her album, but then it was discovered that Ryan was a really mean guy.

His 1989 cover album is pretty awesome.  And yeah, he's always been a complete dick, even after he sobered up.  The only time I've seen him live was at ACL Fest in 2004 or 2005, and he seemed like he really sucked as a person. 

1 hour ago, Scary Stranger said:

OP is the chick in this?

Boyfriend in this video is former USC 5* Max Browne. 

There are WAY worse options when listening to music with your daughter than Taylor Swift. It’s ok to admit something may not suck even when it’s not targeted to you specifically.

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

His 1989 cover album is pretty awesome.  And yeah, he's always been a complete dick, even after he sobered up.  The only time I've seen him live was at ACL Fest in 2004 or 2005, and he seemed like he really sucked as a person. 

You would be pissed too if at every show someone yelled out requests for Summer of 69. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, UncleSonny said:

Boyfriend in this video is former USC 5* Max Browne. 

There are WAY worse options when listening to music with your daughter than Taylor Swift. It’s ok to admit something may not suck even when it’s not targeted to you specifically.

That poor motherfucker.

I know who she is, but don't know her songs.  Seriously.  Not a big deal to me either.  i don't listen to pop.  FWIW, I don't know the difference between virtually all of the "modern' country artists either.  It's not a big deal.

FTR, I never censored my sons' music.  Always figured if you focused on the values you wanted to see in your kids, it would work itself out.  Exposure to the "bad stuff" didn't concern me with regard to tunes... and LOFL at pretty much any pop artist being "bad stuff." Start breaking down lyrics by Anthrax or Ministry...  some of these mamby-pamby parents would lose their fucking minds.

Edited by slorch

On 11/18/2021 at 10:15 PM, mdmost said:

4E102BA9-5E80-4ADD-B72B-B215EC2CEAA6.gif.a84de5b3056f1a415e68cb0a43346a81.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/19/2021 at 7:09 AM, Herpa Derpa said:

You have failed us all by ignoring your fatherly duty to tell your kid, "YOU WILL NOT LISTEN TO THIS TRASH IN MY HOUSE!"

As all the dads with daughters have already said, we'd much rather they be listening to Taylor Swift--who actually has talent--than Music Industry Generated Sex Symbol #11764 singing another paint-by-numbers song about butts while dry-humping her male dancers on stage.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/19/2021 at 1:26 AM, DanRydell said:

Seems really unlikely that John Mayer would get involved with someone who won’t have sex with him so I doubt she was still a virgin.

Yeah, you don’t date John Mayer for his personality.  He’s the original Pete Davidson. 

Taylor Swift is a gifted song writer and you old fucks that haven’t listened to any music made after 1984 need to up your game.  

Both versions of 1989 slam and go very hard, but I will never forgive Ryan Adams for depriving us of Mandy Moore in her prime.  

• Like 1

#girldad

Girl dad here. My 15YO daughter rightfully understands that 1985-1995 was the peak music era. Her favorite SiriusXM station is Lithium and if she’s feeling poppy, 90s on 9.

While she has done favorite contemporary bands like Portugal the Man and Glass Animals, her favorites are Nirvana, Killing Joke and The Jesus and Mary Chain.
  • Hook 'Em 4

I don't have any daughters, but I enjoy Taylor Swift on occasion because I like good music and she's pretty good at making it.  

She also collaborated with Aaron Dessner of The National for two albums that came out during the pandemic just before she started re-recording all her old ones.  They're pretty good.

Edited by Tom

5 minutes ago, Underdog said:

How does an interview with Billy Joel not include the question "how exactly did YOU end up and pull off dating Christie Brinkley and Elle MacPherson at the same time?"

Edited by Grade of D as in David

2 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Girl dad here. My 15YO daughter rightfully understands that 1985-1995 was the peak music era. Her favorite SiriusXM station is Lithium and if she’s feeling poppy, 90s on 9.

While she has done favorite contemporary bands like Portugal the Man and Glass Animals, her favorites are Nirvana, Killing Joke and The Jesus and Mary Chain.

Good for your kid. Like I said upthread, my kid has a pretty balanced taste in music. She's actually played me stuff that I enjoy. She's had a Nirvana phase over the summer and I still hear Unplugged going through her speakers in her room. I used to try to steer her towards certain music when she was younger but when she got a Spotify account, she started finding her own stuff and I'm good with that. It's funny how some of our music paths have crossed and she'll say "you know who Mitski is?" like I'm some sort of caveman who can barely utter our common language. We're actually going to a Mitski show in February that she begged me to get tickets for. 

• Hook 'Em 2