The Rave -Ups

hullabelew

New album is out and if you need something happy in your life, go buy it.

https://glidemagazine.com/267809/video-premiere-the-rave-ups-make-a-triumphant-return-with-exuberant-rocker-how-old-am-i/

Jimmer had released different projects over the years, but this is a full-on Rave-Ups tasty treat.

1d4c1100e5ff77ed47bf1004ba0af718.jpg

Edited by hullabelew
  • Hook 'Em 2

Jason and the Scorchers, The Beat Farmers, Long Ryders, Del Fuegos.  You bet.  I wouldn't have put The Rave-Ups in the group, but I can see how they might be.  Same for bands like The Rain Makers, Gear Daddies, Gun Bunnies, Green on Red and many more.  

Most of these sprung from the early REM, Replacement fueled college radio scene.  

Edited by hullabelew
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, hullabelew said:

Jason and the Scorchers, The Beat Farmers, Long Ryders, Del Fuegos.  You bet.  I wouldn't have put The Rave-Ups in the group, but I can see how they might be.  Same for bands like The Rain Makers, Gear Daddies, Gun Bunnies, Green on Red and many more.  

Most of these sprung from the early REM, Replacement fueled college radio scene.  

Lone Justice

The Blasters

8 hours ago, hullabelew said:

Rank and File, The Skeletons . . . maybe the Wild Seeds belong on that list too.

A lot of good alternative and roots music in that decade for sure. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Rank and File, The Skeletons . . . maybe the Wild Seeds belong on that list too.

There's a bit of a connection with the Wild Seeds guys and the Skeletons, namely Jill Whiteside, who played with the latter for a while.  I did a lot of work for Mike Hall and Larry Seaman et al circa 2000, and it was cool hearing stories about common gigs, etc.  Mike's a damn genius, and Jill is so talented, too.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

“Town and Country” is in my all-time top 20 albums.   I will give this new one a listen or two.  

Appreciate the heads-up. 
I have a copy of the unreleased album under the name Lovin' Misery. It essentially became that Would-Be Plans record, if anyone wants a copy. I actually like it better than the released version.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, hullabelew said:

I have a copy of the unreleased album under the name Lovin' Misery. It essentially became that Would-Be Plans record, if anyone wants a copy. I actually like it better than the released version.

Are you the fine gent that sent me an Elvis Costello bootleg many years ago?

• Like 1

Saw the Rave Ups at a club in the 80's  Molly Ringwald was there, looking fine and dancing her ass off. 
Molly's sister really did a number on Jimmer. I really hope this album has some success. Jimmer and Chance both deserve it after what they have been thru.

Are you the fine gent that sent me an Elvis Costello bootleg many years ago?
Could be. I have some live Costello, Steve Earle and goodies like this Lovin' Misery that just wasn't released. It is what he shopped around looking for a deal.

My favorites are the Steve Earle on that Train a Coming tour just after he got out of jail and several Lyle, Ely, Hiatt and Guy Clark.

Hit me up if you want anything.

• Hook 'Em 1

On the subject of Molly, my town has a quite nice public amphitheater with 2000 seats and additional lawn seating. .  In the summer, they do 4 or 5 Broadway-style productions.  Each show runs for 3 weeks or so.  I think this season "Kinky Boots" is one of the shows.  They usually do something that was on Broadway but isn't anymore, but the sets are available for rent. 

Because it's City-owned, they were trying to figure out a way to generate revenue in the non-summer season.  So, they decided to do a dinner theater deal.  Put tables on the actual stage behind the curtain (with heaters), and put a smaller stage off to the side.  

Molly did her jazz singer act there a few years back.  I already had booked an Italy trip, so I missed it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, hullabelew said:

Yep....I should hanger included the first Line Justice and Rank n File. Great call on both.

Nah, you noted in your earlier post that there were many others, and you're absolutely right.  Can't list 'em all.  I was just chiming in with a couple names in particular.

• Hook 'Em 1