Liverpool 2018-19 ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ!!!

Firemans4Horn

3 minutes ago, Bodowned said:

I agree he's mostly benign when you pair him with Shaqiri and Fabinho, but I also am disappointed at the lack of K8A because his skillset suggests he's literally just a better version of Gini as a box-to-box midfielder who can win the ball back and then take defenders on and advance the ball. He hasn't been spectacular, but I think his floor on any given day this year is still relatively close to Gini's ceiling.

Maybe this will be the catalyst for Klopp to start giving him more of a run.

If Klopp starts our strongest 11 I think we win that match. Lovren is always the wild card because he could lose games for the Monstars

Edited by maninblack

I thought we were a little unlucky. Should've had an early lead. Ball never really bounced our way. I thought City played well in patches but we were right there with them for most of the game. 

Having lost our first in 21 league games to the defending champs on their patch, it's nice to see the vaginas are out in full force. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jograves said:

They were inches better than us. No need to cry about it. 

I would start Lovren in the FA Cup game though. As punishment. 

Fair.

We were a two posts away from a draw/win. Not the end of the world. I just think we are MUCH better than we played tonight. Hindsight and all, but we should have taken the fight to them a bit more in the first half.

4 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Fair.

We were a two posts away from a draw/win. Not the end of the world. I just think we are MUCH better than we played tonight. Hindsight and all, but we should have taken the fight to them a bit more in the first half.

That wasn't the game plan with those 3 midfielders. One could argue that it was working based on the quality and lack of shots City was getting; however, it was a fools errand imo because we couldn't expect much in buildup play, isolated our front 3 and conceded possession. City was going to break through with their quality. When they did then we needed to chase.

30 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Next 5 league games:

at brighton

Palace

leicester

at west ham

bournemouth

let’s get 15. 

City have Wolves, @ Huddersfield, Newcastle, Arsenal and Chelsea during the same stretch. 

Edited by Jograves

3 minutes ago, Jograves said:

Clearly player driven. I wish we could keep him too, but he hasn't played much in the last 18 months. He obviously wants to play more. Can't blame him for that. 

IMO, I'd rather him start at RB against attacking teams than TAA. Especially until Joey comes back. 

This. I couldn't imagine trying to keep everyone happy, I agree on principal it looks stupid but honestly if he isn't happy because he's not playing there isn't a whole hell of a lot you can do other than loan him out to get minutes elsewhere and to keep him in form. And if the shit hits the fan I assume they could always recall him. 

In Pearce's column this morning, he says Klopp is excited about a Dutch teen that was called up to Melwood in early December. Ki-Jana Hoever. Plays CB and RB for the reserve team. Hoever would be the break glass option.

With Matip and Joey due to return soon, there's enough cover. 

34 minutes ago, Jograves said:

Clearly player driven. I wish we could keep him too, but he hasn't played much in the last 18 months. He obviously wants to play more. Can't blame him for that. 

IMO, I'd rather him start at RB against attacking teams than TAA. Especially until Joey comes back. 

I figured as much. Time is ticking and with Wing Backs,  pace is s necessary tool and runs out quickly. Just look at Stephan Lichtsteiner. He was a decent RB who is getting torched now that he's lost a bit of pace. 

That being said, I like him and I want him to stay.

39 minutes ago, Jograves said:

TAA is miles better than Clyne against any type of team. 

6 hours ago, JimmyHoffa said:

This. I couldn't imagine trying to keep everyone happy, I agree on principal it looks stupid but honestly if he isn't happy because he's not playing there isn't a whole hell of a lot you can do other than loan him out to get minutes elsewhere and to keep him in form. And if the shit hits the fan I assume they could always recall him. 

I mean, he's under contract. Clyne can complain all he wants but the club doesn't have to do anything.

As someone else pointed out, the loan is likely tied into the Solanke fee, which feels inflated. 

Clyne looked good in his recent matches, especially considering how long he's been off. I'm not terribly worried about actually needing him, but it seems shortsighted for a club competing for the league and CL to loan out a player at a position where we're not very deep. 

6 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

TAA is miles better than Clyne against any type of team. 

I think Clyne positions himself better defensively than TAA does at times. I mostly agree with your point though.

Everton is the team that should've been in for Solanke. They need a striker probably more than any other team besides Newcastle. I read earlier the last player to transfer from LFC to EFC was in 1992, so that's probably a non-starter for both clubs. 

So on all the ESPN channels they have better programming at 2 PM on a Monday than LFC in an FA Cup match? Do we really need 70 hours of buildup to the game tonight?

Out of curious I checked the guide. This is what they have playing at 2 PM:

ESPN - College Gameday Live

ESPN 2 - Jalen & Jacoby, NBA The Jump, High Noon, Highly Questionable, Around the Horn

ESPN News - The Stephen A Smith Show, The Will Cain Show

ESPN U - Bama v Clemson from a few years ago.

This is how not to promote soccer in the US. 

So on all the ESPN channels they have better programming at 2 PM on a Monday than LFC in an FA Cup match? Do we really need 70 hours of buildup to the game tonight?
Out of curious I checked the guide. This is what they have playing at 2 PM:
ESPN - College Gameday Live
ESPN 2 - Jalen & Jacoby, NBA The Jump, High Noon, Highly Questionable, Around the Horn
ESPN News - The Stephen A Smith Show, The Will Cain Show
ESPN U - Bama v Clemson from a few years ago.
This is how not to promote soccer in the US. 
Apples and oranges. ESPN+ is a new revenue stream separate from what they get from their traditional channels

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk