Liverpool 2018-19 ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ!!!

Firemans4Horn

I feel like this is last year's summer transfer season all over again.

We have 1 clear weakness and we don't seem to be addressing it.

Don't get me wrong, I love the players we are pulling in, but if we start the season with Karius in net, I think we have little chance of competing for the title.

Make me a fool, Karius!

I like the Shaqiri signing. Low risk and improves our depth.

Need a bonafide starter type at AM and based on our GK options I'd opt for a Lovren replacement at this point with the money.

If we don't bring in a replacement for Karius the question becomes do we buy someone to compete with him, hold onto Waffles or sell Waffles and let Ward be the back up?

I thought Migs came out and said he wants to move on already. I think I heard that in early June. I imagine he'll get sorted when the WC is over. 

Our current midfield options: Hendo, Keita, Fabinho, Milner, Gini, Ox, and Lallana. Then, you have a bunch of young guys: Grujic, Kent, Wilson, Ojo. I imagine a number of those will go out on loan. Ojo is interesting as an attacking option. 

I think Fekir still seems like a possibility, so there's your attacking mid. I heard this morning the club has allowed Gini to speak to Fenerbahce, so I guess we'll see what happens with that. Wonder if Lallana gets sold between now and the window closing. 

There are 5 CBs if you include Gomez and 4 FBs. The roster is already pretty stacked. 

The keeper situation is toxic but we're hamstrung by the availability and cost of some of the bigger targets. We've all seen Allison here recently and I don't think he's worth the money being bandied about. 

Not to be a Karius defender, and the angles were all pretty terrible, but his gaffe yesterday seemed like one I see once or twice a weekend in the EPL. obviously he’s under the world’s biggest microscope but that wasn’t that bad in my opinion. I do think we need to spend some money and bring in an upgrade. 

Shaqiri is having his medical. 

Supposedly Danny Ward is going to get more starts in the preseason so Klopp can decide if he's getting at shot to be the starter. 

Salah, Mane, and Grujic all confirmed for the US tour:

Salah, Mane and Grujic confirmed for USA tour

Chris Shaw@__ChrisShaw

Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane and Marko Grujic will travel with Liverpool for the club's pre-season tour of the USA, which begins next Saturday.

The trio were on World Cup duty with Egypt, Senegal and Serbia respectively and with each having been eliminated at the group stage in Russia are set to return to the Reds in time for the week-long trip to America.

Jürgen Klopp’s team will compete in the International Champions Cup with fixtures against Borussia Dortmund in Charlotte, Manchester City in East Rutherford, and Manchester United in Ann Arbor.

“That’s the start for them,” the manager confirmed to Liverpoolfc.com when asked whether Salah, Mane and Grujic are going to be part of his squad in America.

“They had their holiday and then they’ll come with us to the USA. They only had three weeks’ holiday so it means they didn’t lose too much.

“We have to see how they present and then we’ll see if they can play in the games. They will be there. And then the last group [of World Cup players] comes much later.”

Edited by mdmost

Just now, DeadSalamander said:

WTF is with NESN not showing the friendlies this year?  Is this contractual or do they really make money showing the same Red Sox highlights for 8 straight hours?

The first couple have been on NESN just on delay. I know the last one they aired two days later. 

Still need another attacker, a GK, and ideally another CB, but damn, the group of incoming signings is going to make us a helluva lot better. Our bench will be phenomenal, and I can't remember the last time that was the case. 

The other issue that needs to get sorted is the outgoing players. Any of Mignolet, Sturridge, Grujic, Origi, and even Clyne could be shipped out. I'm guessing it's another loan spell for both Grujic and Origi, and Sturridge is useful enough to have around for the four games he's not on the physio table. And shit, Migs might even go into the season as our #1 GK. Basically, there's a lot of business to be done and not a ton of time left.