Liverpool 2018-19 ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ!!!

Firemans4Horn

26 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Seeing more scuttlebutt that Gini might be on his way out

Really? Seems strange to ship him out. Not that he's anything special but a solid contributor and seems to be well liked by Klopp. I guess we've got a fair number of central midfielders but I don't really get this rumored move...

I like Gini for depth, but it's hard to see him getting playing time anywhere in the midfield ahead of Fekir, Keita, Fabinho, Ox, Milner, Lallana, and Hendo. Even Shaqiri might be moved around a bit. Maybe he's pushing for the move for playing time.

19 minutes ago, Bodowned said:

I like Gini for depth, but it's hard to see him getting playing time anywhere in the midfield ahead of Fekir, Keita, Fabinho, Ox, Milner, Lallana, and Hendo. Even Shaqiri might be moved around a bit. Maybe he's pushing for the move for playing time.

Given that Fekir is a maybe. Ox will miss half the season and Lallana & Hendo are injury prone, I can't imagine letting him go unless someone is making a £25mil offer.

Unrelated, we are asking £20M for Danny Ings. 

Good luck with that...

A supposedly reliable Italian source (Fabrizio Romano) reporting that we've made a €70M + add-ons offer for Alisson, and that Roma is holding out for €75. "Talks ongoing" but Chelsea have not made another bid.

Obviously we've been burned more than once in the past in this type of situation (Salah, Willian come to mind) but everything I've read has us as his preferred choice. We're apparently offering higher wages and there's obviously the whole playing in Champions League thing. Just get this damn deal done, finalize Fekir, and grab Dembele from Barca. 

23 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Given that Fekir is a maybe. Ox will miss half the season and Lallana & Hendo are injury prone, I can't imagine letting him go unless someone is making a £25mil offer.

Unrelated, we are asking £20M for Danny Ings. 

Good luck with that...

Ox will be back in November. 

I'd rather have Gini than Lallana at this point. I think Gini is the more versatile player and he's 3 years younger. 

Fekir and Alisson would be some pretty serious business. I don't see enough out of Alisson to see paying that much but it isn't my money. If Klopp wants him, I'm good though. It says to me that he wasn't sold that Karius can recover. If we can keep him away from London, that's a pretty good bit of work. Though we might be extremely aided by Chelsea having only Europa to dangle in front of him. So in more ways than one, that final game to take the top 4 was even larger if we can land him. 

12 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Fekir and Alisson would be some pretty serious business. I don't see enough out of Alisson to see paying that much but it isn't my money. If Klopp wants him, I'm good though. It says to me that he wasn't sold that Karius can recover. If we can keep him away from London, that's a pretty good bit of work. Though we might be extremely aided by Chelsea having only Europa to dangle in front of him. So in more ways than one, that final game to take the top 4 was even larger if we can land him. 

Good call. I think our club is as well rounded as I can remember as a LFC supporter. The only question mark is Lovren (who seems to have improved and had a great WC) and Karius. If I'm Klopp, I'd make sure I went into the season with the GK improved. Frankly, Fekir would be a bonus--I'm more concerned with Karius.

50 minutes ago, DeadSalamander said:

Allison and Fekir would be amazing.  Still a little concerned about the backup to Bobby.  Origi and Solanke have shown nothing so far this preseason, Brewster is still injured, Ings is out the door and Studge is just not suited to our style (despite obvious quality).

Agreed, but Fekir gives us options. He's played the #9 at times in his career, or he can come in for Salah who would move up top. There's also Shaqiri, who can spell one of the wingers as well. 

I don't really expect to sign an out and out striker, but the added depth we would have if Fekir were signed would make it unnecessary. That being said, I'd love to get Okazaki as a depth signing. He'd be a great backup for Bobby.

22 minutes ago, maninblack said:

I'm of the mind personal terms have either been agreed to or are very close. Would you agree?

I don't think we'd up our bid to meet their valuation unless we knew the player was ready to make the move to us. Hopefully we announce today. I'm not celebrating until he's actually at Melwood. 

7 hours ago, DeadSalamander said:

Apparently the team has known this since it happened.  Only just know releasing the info to the public.

Read that he (and the staff) withheld it from the team so as to not dampen spirits prior to the CL final. If that's true, what a fuckin' dude. Love him even more now.

1 hour ago, maninblack said:

The Karius situation is interesting now. Wouldn't be surprised if he's loaned or the #2

I think you loan him out and give Danny Ward a chance. Karius needs a fresh start. I'm not sure you can recover from that CL final with your present team. I mean look at the preseason blunder and how big an issue that became. Of course it's all rumors but I saw that this is FSG and not Klopp pushing the Alisson move. I'm sure Klopp was hoping he could help Karius recover but FSG isn't willing to put the season on the line for Karius. Any blunder that occurs is going to just harken back to that RM match. He and LFC need a fresh start. I feel for the guy.

Edited by mdmost

10 hours ago, mdmost said:

I think you loan him out and give Danny Ward a chance. Karius needs a fresh start. I'm not sure you can recover from that CL final with your present team. I mean look at the preseason blunder and how big an issue that became. Of course it's all rumors but I saw that this is FSG and not Klopp pushing the Alisson move. I'm sure Klopp was hoping he could help Karius recover but FSG isn't willing to put the season on the line for Karius. Any blunder that occurs is going to just harken back to that RM match. He and LFC need a fresh start. I feel for the guy.

I agree. Get him away from English football (and English newspapers) and let him get his head back on straight. Ward is likely to be loaned out too and Migs sold. I guess that leaves Grabara?

I think Karius is going to end up having to start at least the West Ham match and maybe at Palace. Alisson will go back on holiday for another week or two and won't be ready for the start of the season. I don't see him joining the club while they're in the states. 

12 minutes ago, Jograves said:

I think Karius is going to end up having to start at least the West Ham match and maybe at Palace. Alisson will go back on holiday for another week or two and won't be ready for the start of the season. I don't see him joining the club while they're in the states. 

Firmino is expected to join the club at the French camp.  Allison should be no different.  GKs obvioulsy don't have the same game fitness requirements as outfield players, so I'd be shocked if he's not between the pipes for our 1st game.

With the news about Ward, I really think we're keeping Karius.  He'll be our domestic cup keeper with a view towards repairing his image prior to a sale next summer.

1 hour ago, DeadSalamander said:

Firmino is expected to join the club at the French camp.  Allison should be no different.  GKs obvioulsy don't have the same game fitness requirements as outfield players, so I'd be shocked if he's not between the pipes for our 1st game.

With the news about Ward, I really think we're keeping Karius.  He'll be our domestic cup keeper with a view towards repairing his image prior to a sale next summer.

Agree all the way around.