Best deal for an iphone (XR or newer)?

Tex48

On 3/11/2022 at 6:58 PM, Tex48 said:

Has anyone seen any good deals for an iphone? I lost my XR while on vacation and wasn't able to find it before I headed home. 

I got a new iPhone in December of 2020. Verizon is my provider. AT&T offered me full retail. The Verizon store I usually went to told me they couldn’t offer me trade-in value on my old iPhone 4S because the battery had problems and the unit was practically exploding (physically, not pyrotechnically). I went to another Verizon store and they had a collection of old returned/reclaimed phones in the back room and used one of those to get me my trade-in discount which was like $400-$500 off retail. Something in that range. That was pretty sweet. I’m not really crazy about the new phone. I liked the old phone better, when it was still working well. But I got a great deal on the new phone so I really can’t complain. 

I am probably going to get the iPhone 11 from Cricket. (I don't love going with a 3rd party carrier). It runs on AT&Ts service and they only wanted $100 for the phone with no contract.  If I hate it, I'll just swap carriers.