Texarkana

IDIOTsavant

My wife has to visit another facility for work next week, and I’m between projects, so off to Texarkana we go. Any food or activity recs are appreciated along with the usual asshole peanut gallery fare. We’re 40 with no kids and staying on the Arkansas side of town if that helps….but I doubt it. It’s fucking Texarkana. 

We went there on a work trip about four years ago.  As far as I'm concerned, we brought the party.  Foodwise, we hit up some recommended bar and grill, which was wildly subpar.  We also went to some bar with trivia and we were too noisy for the serious trivia players.  Is it possible we were a little lit and that our heat was a little bit much for the ArkLaTex.  Perhaps.

Good luck.

Edited by dcbc

On 4/8/2022 at 7:32 PM, IDIOTsavant said:

My wife has to visit another facility for work next week, and I’m between projects, so off to Texarkana we go. Any food or activity recs are appreciated along with the usual asshole peanut gallery fare. We’re 40 with no kids and staying on the Arkansas side of town if that helps….but I doubt it. It’s fucking Texarkana. 

Naaman's BBQ on State Line is really good Q.  Ironwood Grill is probably our best restaurant.  Gusano's Pizza is the best pizza in town, and if you want to watch the horns play tomorrow night go here.  Tell them to turn it to LHN and they will.  Chicago style pizza.  Walk-Ons....meh.  Pecan Point Gastropub is really good food as well but it is downtown so you better have a gun.  Zapata's is our best mexican food.  Newk's and tacos 4 life is good lunch fare. 

We have the #2 rated golf course in Arkansas at Texarkana Country Club.  But you have to play with a member (I would but busy all week).  Hank Haney's golf course is okay at best.  You can also get some lawn chairs and sit on state line ave. at night and listen for gunshots. 

• Hook 'Em 1