2022 Longhorns Countdown to kickoff

Longboard Horn

8 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Thanks for this! Shipley before Shipley. Where did you find these pics of him?

Just google image search and it looks like the family pic was posted on twitter by a family member (Sister? Wife?)

He was a favorite of mine when I was playing wr in high school. 

On 8/10/2022 at 12:58 AM, LTtxfan said:

24 DAYS  🤘

bf0779a44be86bd53560fd228b027ec3.jpg

Raymond Clayborn

I’m late on this but he was my next door neighbor when I was a kid. My mom and grandmother would make dinner for him from time to time. He was an awesome guy. Would throw the football around with me in the front yard. I used to get sad when he’d have to leave for camp. Very much a part of our family for a few years.

Edited by CowtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

20 Days 🤘    Scooter Monzingo

Q=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

Scooter+monzingo.jpg?format=500w

How important is a punter to the success of a team? Well, maybe UT isn't the place to examine the indispensable nature of standout punting.  The two lowest punting averages over a sixty-year span came in national championship seasons.  The wishbone offense was short-circuiting scoreboards in 1969, so Scooter Monzingo was called on to punt only 34 times, for a modest 34.7 yards per attempt.

Everybody in Austin was a punter after our first game,” said Scooter Monzingo of the Texas Longhorns. “Nearly everyone I saw last week had some suggestions for me.” Monzingo, a senior from Del Rio, averaged just 31.8 yards on six punts against California. But against Texas Tech he increased his average by 11 yards and gave the ball to the Red Raiders on their nine-(twice), 13- and 12-yard lines. The tip that made the difference came from Assistant Coach Willie Zapalac. “I had been holding the front end of the ball up a little too high,” Monzingo said. “This week I held it down more and got under it.”

— Scooter Monzingo

@Scooter Monzingo

• Hook 'Em 2