Liverpool FC 2022-2023: And Now Jurgen Believe Us

maninblack

19 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Merry fucking Christmas to us all!

What a video, the media team clearly had a heads up, but this one is superb.  Great fan interviews, awesome highlights and I love the way they portray the city.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Fantastic news and even with no more signings this was a pretty fantastic summer. I still want a midfielder but seems like we're putting our eggs in the Bellingham basket and are willing to wait until next summer if Dortmund are set on keeping him another season. 

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Have to say, this one surprises me. With his talent, I assumed he'd push for a transfer. He starts at 75% of the clubs in the top tier leagues.

Kinda what I thought and I’m glad we locked him up. I don’t think he’s as good as Konate in the future but he’s a really really really high level backup while we have VvD, Matip, and Konate. Great move to lock him in

• Hook 'Em 1

VVD - 31 (tomorrow)

Matip - (31 next month)

Gomez - 25

Konate - 23

For me, getting Gomez to buy into a small waiting game is brilliant.  We don't have too much longer for VVD/Matip's prime.  I think Gomez/Konate could be as good as VVD/_______ in a few years.  If for some reason it doesn't work out, he's under contract and has value to the club in case of a sale.

The mid/long-term ramfications are GREAT.  Easy to see Joe wanting more playing time right now, but Julian Ward (and Klopp) appears to be a wizard.

• Hook 'Em 1

Disappointing
united go ahead on 12 minutes after the ball from Fernandes isn't dealt with by Mabaya and Sancho tucks away into the bottom corner from about 10 yards.

Disappointing goal for Liverpool to concede.

Sounds like Diaz and Elliott looking good so far.

GOAL! man united 2-0 Liverpool (Fred)
Fred scores for man united after he chips the ball over Alisson from the edge of the penalty area.

Subs incoming?
Wholesale Liverpool changes should be incoming in a couple of minutes. LFC TV commentary team confirming Jurgen Klopp is planning on playing three different XIs for 30 minutes each.

lol

Liverpool substitutions

Liverpool make 10 changes, with Alisson the only player staying on the pitch.

Down 3-0.  Anyone recognize the bolded?

Liverpool line-up after 10 changes
Here's how Liverpool now line up after those changes on the half hour mark.

Alisson; Frauendorf, Matip, Williams, Tsimikas; Milner, Bajcetic, Clarkson; Oxlade-Chamberlain, Clark, Jones.

30 minutes ago, pied06 said:

Down 3-0.  Anyone recognize the bolded?

Liverpool line-up after 10 changes
Here's how Liverpool now line up after those changes on the half hour mark.

Alisson; Frauendorf, Matip, Williams, Tsimikas; Milner, Bajcetic, Clarkson; Oxlade-Chamberlain, Clark, Jones.

I'm assuming that's Rhys Williams? Clarkson is a midfielder who got a start in the meaningless Champions League match against Mitjyland a couple seasons ago. Bobby Clark is a hot shit 17-year old forward who we poached from Newcastle about six months ago. The Magpies were apopleptic about it.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, pied06 said:

It's early, but if Firmino is in as good of form as Klopp keeps saying and Nunez can some on, Jota may be fighting more than expected for minutes later on.

if we play any 4-2-3-1 there will be plenty of minutes for Jota. He is underrated by so much of our fan base. 

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

if we play any 4-2-3-1 there will be plenty of minutes for Jota. He is underrated by so much of our fan base. 

34 goals and 9 assists in 85 matches played for Liverpool. He hit a dry spell at the end of a long season, but for stretches he was basically scoring every game. Assuming the injury doesn't linger, he'll be a huge part of our squad this season.

I rate him, just saying that we have gone from Mo/Sadio/Jota with Bobby ad Elliott waiting to backup.  Now we have Mo/Diaz/Nunez/Jota with Bobby & Elliott.  More numbers and if Bobby is healthy and good to go then they'll be fighting for minutes.  

Up 2-0 on Palace just into the 2nd half.  Jota/Alisson/Gomez held out, the latter two as a precautonit seems.  Ox had to come off right before half which sucks.

Total team change at HT.

Henderson and Mo with goals.  Sounds like we're looking a little more in shape today.