Tottenham 2018-19: The New Stadium

Captain Ron

If Spurs don't spend serious money this transfer window, I can't see Poch sticks around if a serious team comes calling in the near future. Why would he want to stick around for a club that isn't going to put serious efforts out there to do something, ANYTHING.

1 minute ago, midtown said:

Fair enough..plenty of blame to go around.

We’ve historically faded late under Pochettino. Look at Bielsa’s Leeds team this year (or his teams historically). This system, and low rotation, leads to players being fatigued and a poor run of form late. 

Playing Rose and Trippier was dumb. If Rose starts again against Ajax that will be 5 starts in what, 18 days? 

Landing a CM like Grealish would have helped, but I think we still would have had issues.

Don't get me wrong, I agree Poch's approach needs to be different. Given what we saw from Bournemouth today, I don't know why he isn't running out guys we haven't seen all season - KWP, Nkoudou, CCV (they recalled him, right?), Janssen. There is a huge picture here to be seen ...

I think Poch is just going to run this team into the ground just to spite Levy.

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

Don't get me wrong, I agree Poch's approach needs to be different. Given what we saw from Bournemouth today, I don't know why he isn't running out guys we haven't seen all season - KWP, Nkoudou, CCV (they recalled him, right?), Janssen. There is a huge picture here to be seen ...

I think Poch is just going to run this team into the ground just to spite Levy.

CCV is still at Swansea. N’Koudou was loaned, and currently injured, to Monaco. KWP probably should have played. He had 3 assists in our previous game against Bournemouth. Janssen should have played and had Moura on the bench. I also probably would have played a 4-4-2 diamond, so Sissoko can play RM, with Skipp at LM (and either Dele or Eriksen on the bench. 

I think part of the issue is Pochettino pressing for a win and doubling down with his best 11. I don’t have much hope for the second Ajax leg now.

2 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

CCV is still at Swansea. N’Koudou was loaned, and currently injured, to Monaco. KWP probably should have played. He had 3 assists in our previous game against Bournemouth. Janssen should have played and had Moura on the bench. I also probably would have played a 4-4-2 diamond, so Sissoko can play RM, with Skipp at LM (and either Dele or Eriksen on the bench. 

I think part of the issue is Pochettino pressing for a win and doubling down with his best 11. I don’t have much hope for the second Ajax leg now.

Exactly.  I don't know who Poch was supposed to put out there outside of KWP, but the issue is much deeper than that.  There is zero depth in the squad.

I don't see Chelsea losing tomorrow at home, but maybe against Leicester next week on the road.  Arsenal is not losing to Burnley and Brighton.  Everton will be a must win for Spurs, and I don't think it happens without Son. 

17 minutes ago, DeepEastTexas said:

Exactly.  I don't know who Poch was supposed to put out there outside of KWP, but the issue is much deeper than that.  There is zero depth in the squad.

I don't see Chelsea losing tomorrow at home, but maybe against Leicester next week on the road.  Arsenal is not losing to Burnley and Brighton.  Everton will be a must win for Spurs, and I don't think it happens without Son. 

Could have played Skipp against Huddersfield (was a 20 minute sub), Brighton, or today. Should have started Davies for Rose. Janssen or Llorente probably could have started for Moura. I think the holdup play and aerial ability would have been useful against a bunkered side. I really didn’t like the 4-2-3-1 with the personnel available. The 4-4-2 diamond was probably a better tactic.

I can easily see Arsenal losing on the road at Burnley. They’re completely abysmal on the road. Losing Ramsey has made it worse.

I kind of wonder if this will be the lineup:

4-4-2 diamond 

Lloris

Foyth - Vertonghen - Alderweireld - Davies

Wanyama

Sissoko - Eriksen 

Dele

Lucas - Son

Bench: Gazzaniga / Sanchez / Rose / Trippier / Dier / Skipp / Llorente 

There has been talk that Kane could possibly get named to the bench Wednesday.