Tottenham 2018-19: The New Stadium

Captain Ron

9 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Llorente is killing our attacks.

I'm pretty sure I know exactly what attack you're talking about, and I thought the same thing. He can't hold up against these guys, he's too slow and they are WAYYYyyyyyy too fast. It has to be a full throttle attack for this game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeepEastTexas said:

One goal in the last 4 matches is not a recipe for success.  Hopefully, Son comes back Saturday at Bournemouth fully rested and we can get all 3 points and focus solely on Ajax. 

Sissoko being back is big. If Dier or Wanyama decide to not play like shit we could have a legitimate midfield.

15 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

You know, I'm not altogether displeased with the result, especially given how the game started and what our lineup looked like.  It'll be tough, but this is still winnable.  

Neither am I. 0-1 at home isn't insurmountable. Spurs have played well on the road and Ajax hasn't been their best at home. Get back a better MF, Son on the attack, this team can score goals.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2019 at 1:35 PM, Captain Ron said:

Updated with today's results:

Chelsea: 5
Arsenal: 3
ManU: 2

They just need 1 more win.

Let's put this shit away today.

From what I have seen of the first 15, Spurs are completely dictating play, just need to put on into back of the net.

The team has had some great chances. They are dominating play and the Cherries are making a ton of mistakes. They are absolutely dreadful. Their keeper gave Lucas a great chance from inside the Spurs half and he wasn't far off (maybe 2 feet wide). But their defensive passing has been letting our boys have a ton of good looks.

They are living up to this stat

Edited by Captain Ron

It has to be save the legs and defend like hell. The draw is probably most ideal.

What killed them against West Ham was a massive effort that failed to get a goal and then they wore down after the half. They were looking like they were headed for that now, but losing 2 men is going to exacerbate that failure to score.

I'm surprise that Bournemouth hasn't stepped on the gas yet. They don't look completely dangerous yet. With the massive advantage out there, they should be dominating this game.

Edited by Captain Ron

8 minutes ago, midtown said:

Soccer knowledge peeps help me out. I guess all we can do is just camp out and try to draw?

I would think a point would be a victory at this point.

Park it and play narrow.  Maybe try to snatch one if the counter is on.  Otherwise, when you get it try to slow the tempo down to a crawl if you can.  It’s a lot less taxing to control the ball than chase it for 45.  They should be trying to save their legs for Wednesday if they can.

Down any men, but especially 2, I don't think Dele should be in the middle, but instead up top as the forward. He can't be doing his cute passing expecting it to break through.

Lucas seems better made for this formation. He doesn't do anything flashy, and make smart passes. That said, it's exactly what you want on the guy going forward on the attack, because he can pick out a man on the break. Granted I don't think anyone is going on the break if Lucas is able to get free.