Tottenham 2018-19: The New Stadium

Captain Ron

Maybe that win will convince Ericksen to sign a new deal vs Inter or RM.

Btw.  Where has Deli been?  

And lastly I is pissed since I will be boarding a flight in SJO to fly back to the US during the April 30 match.  FUCK.  Sure hope I can get it on the plane somehow.

Edited by midtown

1 hour ago, midtown said:

Maybe that win will convince Ericksen to sign a new deal vs Inter or RM.

Btw.  Where has Deli been?  

And lastly I is pissed since I will be boarding a flight in SJO to fly back to the US during the April 30 match.  FUCK.  Sure hope I can get it on the plane somehow.

Dele was playing with a cast. They also had him playing rather deep after Sissoko’s injury.

Here is the schedule the rest of the way out for Spurs:

Sat Apr 20 - Manchester City (EPL)
Tues Apr 23 - Brighton (EPL)
Sat Apr 27 - West Ham (EPL)
Tues Apr 30 - Ajax (UCL)
Mon May 6 - Bournemouth (EPL) *
Wed May 8 - Ajax (UCL)
Sunday May 12 - Everton (EPL)

With the win Spurs have loaded their dance card up with as many games as possible. The rest of the way is weekend, midweek, repeat. It should be noted the Bournemouth match needs to be moved because it's too close to the Ajax game. HOPEFULLY it will end up on Saturday.

But yeah, they are going to be worn the hell out, Poch is going to need to do all he can to rest up players to get them through to the end of the EPL season.

NFL schedule being announced also means we know what games are going to be in the new Stadium next year:

Oct 6 - Chicago Bears at Oakland Raiders (1 PM Eastern)
Oct 13 - Carolina Panthers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (9:30 AM Eastern)

Full details - https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2019/april/first-nfl-games-at-new-stadium-revealed/

5 hours ago, midtown said:

Spend this you cheap mfr dbac77b7971a309a69de95256bf650cb.jpg

I think they will. Anyone thinking we’re going to spend like Man U or City is way off though.

It is useful to remember that, per De Jong himself, we had a bid for De Jong accepted by Ajax but De Jong opted to stay at Ajax for another year. We also reportedly went hard after Ndombele, but Lyon wasn’t interested in selling.

Edited by Schulz2.0

Upper 90 in Fort Worth should be open tomorrow if anyone is in the area.  Great place to watch a game.  Especially, one that isn't on Gold.
Had some friendly smack talk first leg at upper 90...i got the sound of the lfc/porto leg inside and spurs fans had to watch on patio outside

Upper 90 is good spot in ft worth and believe they are open for early games...not 100% sure

24 minutes ago, DeepEastTexas said:

Need Leicester and Wolverhampton to take points from Arsenal. 

I think Spurs win Brighton, and Everton.  West Ham should be a win, but I could see a tie there.   Cherries on the road could be tough, but Spurs should win that.

I never thought I'd say this, but what is Sissoko's status?

Wolves are really good at home. Arsenal have been very poor on the road.

There hasn’t been any update on Sissoko’s status.

Reports are that Real wants to make a run at Hazard. I don't know how their transfer ban complicates that, but several reports indicated he was #1 on Real's list. 

I also read somewhere that after the City win at the new stadium that a mic picked up Son telling Eriksen, "you have to stay now!".  With Eriksen replying, "it'll get done". 

Dont know how true that is, it came from a random news alert on my phone. 

Holy crap. The Eredivisie has completely moved their season around to accommodate Ajax's run in the UCL!!! Their schedule before the move was:

Tues Apr 23 - Vitesse
Sun Apr 28 - De Graafschap
Tues Apr 30 - Spurs
Sun Apr 5 - Willem II (KNVB Cup Final)
Wed May 8 - Spurs

But the KNVB extended Eredivisie season and moved all of the games the weekend of the 28th to the end of the season. That means that Ajax will have a week of rest before their first leg in London.

https://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnation.com/2019/4/22/18510313/tottenham-hotspur-ajax-eredivisie-rescheduling-matches-ahead-champions-league-semifinals

On 4/20/2019 at 9:38 AM, Schulz2.0 said:

Win 3 of Brighton, West Ham, Bournemouth, and Everton and that pretty much guarantees a top 4 finish.

Holy shit! Chelsea drew today too!!! Given that the Man City game was pretty much chalked up as a loss, this was just about the best results we could hope for from ManU, Arsenal and Chelsea. Spurs hold on to top 3 and now your scenario is just about spot on.

I'll be honest, 2 wins this week are HUGE. If they can do that, that puts them in the cat bird seat, especially if everyone else drops points (Chelsea and ManU for sure are). A buffer before the UCL games would be massive.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Holy shit! Chelsea drew today too!!! Given that the Man City game was pretty much chalked up as a loss, this was just about the best results we could hope for from ManU, Arsenal and Chelsea. Spurs hold on to top 3 and now your scenario is just about spot on.

I'll be honest, 2 wins this week are HUGE. If they can do that, that puts them in the cat bird seat, especially if everyone else drops points (Chelsea and ManU for sure are). A buffer before the UCL games would be massive.

Oh I was watching... and laughing.