Tottenham 2018-19: The New Stadium

Captain Ron

On 3/4/2019 at 2:08 AM, midtown said:

A lot of talk that the NLD was the last Wembley match.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2019/march/new-stadium-test-event-matches-and-opening-game-update/

The team has scheduled 2 test events:

Sunday 24 March – Test Event Match One – Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton, U18 Premier League Match, kick-off 3pm - Capacity circa 30,000 general admission and selected premium areas

Saturday 30 March – Test Event Match Two – Tottenham Hotspur Legends match, kick-off 5.30pm - Capacity circa 45,000 general admission and all premium areas

So long as those go without a hitch (fingers seriously crossed), the first home game will either be April 3 or the weekend of April 6/7th:

If Brighton win their FA Cup quarter-final match on Sunday 17th March we shall play Crystal Palace on Wednesday 3rd April and Brighton on 23rd/24th April.

If Brighton lose their FA Cup quarter-final match on Sunday 17th March we shall play Brighton on 6th/7th April (subject to Champions League scheduling) and Crystal Palace on 23rd/24th April.

This will ensure that Spurs will play a home game before their potential next UCL date (April 9/10 or April 16/17).

15 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

I was about to post, this back line is scaring the bejesus out of me. Rose's stint at MF has him still thinking he's Messi. And the passing/handing from the back there is awful. They need to clean it up or score a lot more to be safe.

Yeah, Rose has been suspect. 

Whats wrong with Toby?

Edited by DeepEastTexas
Spelling

6 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

What the hell? What the duck was Rose doing?

It's more of him thinking he's a ball handler. He completely forgot his responsibility for clearing that ball out and thought he could let it go, turn and dribble it out.

And with another defensive breakdown Soton is now up 2-1. Yeah, saw this coming from a mile away, this back line is a mess.

Rumor has it that the new stadium will be called Nike Stadium.

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/premier-league/2018-2019/football-news-tottenham-hotspur-s-new-stadium-name-revealed-by-richards-keys-and-andy-gray_sto7176018/story.shtml

The real question is "Is this true?" The club has also stated that it is false and the original video has been deleted as well. Rumor about the top picture is that it's only from the club store inside the stadium.

Edited by Captain Ron

2 hours ago, midtown said:

It's going to be called something...I have no issues with NIKE and if the cash from the naming rights gets us a transfer then you can name it anything you fucking want because its going to be WHL no matter what. 

No question. And hell - I love the idea of Nike naming the Stadium too. I looked, so far they haven't put their name on any other stadium, so I would expect the money to be good when they finally do. Fingers crossed.

16 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

I love the idea of Nike naming the Stadium too

They've already have their hands on the jerseys, lots of cleats, and they have the PL ball..>Putting their name on the best stadium in all of sports seems like it would be right up their alley.

2 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

No question. And hell - I love the idea of Nike naming the Stadium too. I looked, so far they haven't put their name on any other stadium, so I would expect the money to be good when they finally do. Fingers crossed.

You think Levy will actually spend any of that Nike money?