Tottenham 2018-19: The New Stadium

Captain Ron

8 hours ago, ocugolf said:

Get Foyth out of there

8 hours ago, midtown said:

Foyth is just seems out of place..I mean out of sorts

3 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

In regards to Foyth, it looks like Pochettino and Spurs writers were very complementary of his performance. Hopefully he takes another step forward next year after Alderweireld leaves.

I recorded the match and am going to hop on an exercise bike and watch it shortly.

1) I had never heard of "Foyth".
2) When I saw that his name was "Juan Foyth", I wonder if there were any "One Fourth" (1/4) jokes that were made by the announcers.
3) It looks like he turned it around in the 2nd half, which leads me to...

6 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

That was a dominant second half after a pretty lacklustre first.  Really great adjustments by Ponch and company.

Mauricio Pochettino's half-time video session prepared Tottenham for second-half barrage

Mauricio Pochettino has revealed he put on a half-time video session to remind his players of the game plan during Tottenham's emphatic 3-0 Champions League victory over Borussia Dortmund.

Spurs did not manage a single shot on target in the first period of their round-of-16 clash against the Bundesliga leaders, but they took the lead through Son Heung-min moments after the break.

"The first half was very difficult, first of all because we never felt the confidence to play," said Pochettino post match. "We took some rash decisions. It's like we weren't comfortable. We didn't feel what we planned to play.

"But after we fixed some problems, showing them some clips at half-time and talking a little about different positions -- offensive and defensive -- and trying to help the team to perform better.

"Also we were a bit lucky because it was a massive confidence boost when Sonny scored -- it made the team play much better. We deserved the victory in the end...

http://www.espn.com/soccer/tottenham-hotspur/story/3774635/mauricio-pochettinos-half-time-video-session-prepared-tottenham-for-second-half-barrage

• Like 1

Got my ticket for Wembley for the Assanal game.  

Section 120.  Paid $100.  Helps that I'm solo.  Lots of single tickets down low.   Well maybe not lots but a few but then again they are only on the second group of members to be able to purchase tickets.

Any tips on visiting Wembley.  Pubs, food, etc?  It's 1230p

Edited by midtown

On 2/20/2019 at 2:45 PM, midtown said:

Got my ticket for Wembley for the Assanal game.  

Section 120.  Paid $100.  Helps that I'm solo.  Lots of single tickets down low.   Well maybe not lots but a few but then again they are only on the second group of members to be able to purchase tickets.

Any tips on visiting Wembley.  Pubs, food, etc?  It's 1230p

Honestly, the area around there blows for authenticity sake.  It's next to a hideous glass mall which has crappy chain restaurants (the TGI Friday's had an hour wait).  If the weather is okay, I would go to this beer garden next to the stadium, grab a seat and chat up the locals.  I did this and had a blast....Plus you can always go in a little early and grab some beers inside.  

To the west of the stadium there are some bars that are kind of Spurs oriented for now. I think it's where the place that TBC is talking about it.

But it certainly isn't the same as anything along High Street. If you're in London for some time, you should take some time to go to the stadium to check it out. That whole area is cool.

1 hour ago, Captain Ron said:

To the west of the stadium there are some bars that are kind of Spurs oriented for now. I think it's where the place that TBC is talking about it.

But it certainly isn't the same as anything along High Street. If you're in London for some time, you should take some time to go to the stadium to check it out. That whole area is cool.

Yeah I was bummed that the game won't be up at the new stadium because I really wanted to hang out in the pubs before the game.  Guess Ill be going back next season for another game at WHL 2.0.   I will only be in London for two nights then off to Brussels, Brugges, and Amsterdam.