Tottenham 2018-19: The New Stadium

Captain Ron

2 hours ago, midtown said:

What about $70M for Bale?  Any chance Spurs want him back?  That fee seems kind of ridiculous

I’d take Bale on loan where we pay at max £200k/week of his wages. That’s about the extent of effort I think we should make.

Edited by Schulz2.0

10 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

The BBC is reporting we’ve made a €60m bid for midfielder Giovani Lo Celso of Real Betis.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48433820

“The Londoners have not signed a player since January 2018 when they paid Paris St-Germain £23m for winger Lucas Moura.

Tottenham's record signing is Davinson Sanchez - they spent £42m on Ajax's Colombia centre-back in August 2017.”

so much amazingness in those two sentences.

Here is the travel squad for Madrid.

The video is almost 2 minutes long, so here is the list:

Hugo Lloris
Kieran Trippier
Danny Rose
Toby Alderweireld
Jan Vertonghen
Davinson Sanchez
Son Heung-Min
Harry Winks
Harry Kane
Erik Lamela
Victor Wanyama
Michel Vorm
Eric Dier
Kyle Walker-Peters
Moussa Sissoko
Fernando Llorente
Dele Alli
Juan Foyth
Paulo Gazzaniga
Christian Eriksen
Serge Aurier
Lucas Moura
Ben Davies
Alfie Whiteman
George Marsh
Oliver Skipp

18 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Really poor game from Pochettino. Completely out coached.

to be fair it was less poch getting outcoached than outcoaching himself. two games this season should have been enough to know that the 4-2-3-1 with kane against van dijk is not effective, particularly when kane hasn't played in two months. i get what he means to the team but he should have been brought off the bench.

other than that individual performances let the team down. far too often the final touch lacked quality, crosses weren't put in well or soon enough, etc. eriksen was invisible and i hope that was trips' last game in a spurs shirt. it sucks because i don't come away from this game feeling like 'pool outclassed spurs, they just got things right when they needed to.

all in all still an amazing ride this season and i hope we're lucky enough to see them back someday.

Edited by mr. littlejeans
fat fingers
  • Like 1

There are reports that Real Betis AM/CM Giovani Lo Celso is pushing for a move to Tottenham. We had a €60m bid turned down. Betis is wanting closer to his release clause (€100m/£88m). Doesn’t seem like they have a ton of leverage.

That is dominating my spurs related feeds

95a43dd86b72c87694acab9828733578.jpg

59 minutes ago, DeepEastTexas said:

I wonder what the Hazard signing at Real Madrid does for Eriksen. 

Probably not much. 

I posted it in the Summer Transfer thread, but Sessegnon told Fulham he wants to go to Tottenham and won’t sign a new contract with Fulham (ends next summer) per The Guardian.