Backyard Brawl revived: WVU @ Pitt; 6pm ESPN

TexasMan

37 minutes ago, ztejas said:

No one is playing 10 conference games any time soon. The SEC doesn't even play 9 conference games. 

Also - they'd have to mutually agree to not play it out (or buy the other team out). Some new conference alignment isn't going to override an existing game on the schedule. 

True on the 9/10 game conference schedule, but if you told me 3 years ago that Texas/ou were going to be in the SEC and UCLA/USC would be in the B1G I would chuckle.  Who knows!

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

I watched the end, shocked that they overturned the catch. I thought it was close but probably not a catch. They almost always let it stand. I would seriously hate to be the guy making that call.

I wasn't shocked, but I couldn't tell, so I wouldn't have overturned it.

4 hours ago, 'stache said:

Yeah I don’t think the punt was that big a blunder. If WR guy doesn’t let the ball pop right off of him to the defender they probably win the game.

Punt was the correct call. 

It's virtually the same chance of winning if you make the first vs coffin the punt, and the punt is the higher chance. 

Touchback is a few % better than not making the first, and not making the first is more likely.

Edited by JBJ