Arkansas/Cincy

Vic Mackey

4 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Everybody knows that.

They're not SEC refs in bowl games, either, but the SEC still gets a disproportionate amount of calls then, too.

Everybody complains about officiating, and there are plenty of times when it's appropriate.

But when it's a constant theme, season after season, then it just sounds whiny.  My whole life, all I've heard from fellow Aggies and other SWC/Big 12 fans is that Texas always benefits from biased officiating.  It's just sour grapes, and it sounds like loser talk.

23 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Everybody complains about officiating, and there are plenty of times when it's appropriate.

But when it's a constant theme, season after season, then it just sounds whiny.  My whole life, all I've heard from fellow Aggies and other SWC/Big 12 fans is that Texas always benefits from biased officiating.  It's just sour grapes, and it sounds like loser talk.

I agree to a large extent.  I almost never bitch about officiating in Texas games.  I'm usually the one telling others that it evens out in the long run.  And it does, most of the time.  Especially in college basketball, where incompetence is often mistaken for bias and we all have a tendency to see when our team got screwed more clearly than when our opponent did, etc.

But if you don't see that the SEC really has gotten an awful lot of help from the zebras and the NCAA as a whole for the last 15 or so years, then I'm not even sure what to tell you.  There's a culture of myth-making around the whole conference, perpetuated in the media, and referees (from all conferences) seem to get sucked into it.

Or maybe the rest of the entire country is just imagining it...

Edited by TexArcher

Sam Pittman is doing a great job resurrecting this program after Bielema lazed his way to mediocrity and then Chad Morris nearly buried it.

I really question though Ken Briles as OC. He has a tendency, like most football geniuses, to get enamored with his neato plays with lots of sideways shit and grabbass behind the line of scrimmage. It might have played at Baylor but it don’t play with SEC speed. He wasn’t as bad today but some of it came out. He has a bruiser of a qb and RBs that are quick to the hole and he wants to go triple Lindy too often.

I am of the belief nothing in football good happens behind the LoS. Briles seemed more organized yesterday, he doesn’t like play cards and he admits he doesn’t select plays to set up other plays. He calls plays only after the whistle of the previous play which makes his hunh slow. I think Pittman horn h Uhh is shit a lo about it. Still a lot of fake here then thee and jetsweep fakes taa a king two ir three out of the play. The sec has too much lateral speed for that bullshit. It’s about power and vertical speed. He and his old man can get the fuck out.

1 minute ago, Texzilla58 said:

He calls plays only after the whistle of the previous play which makes his hunh slow. I think Pittman horn h Uhh is shit a lo about it. Still a lot of fake here then thee and jetsweep fakes taa a king two ir three out of the play.

What in the goddamn blue fuck is wrong with you? 

• Haha 1

On 9/4/2022 at 12:39 PM, Texzilla58 said:

I am of the belief nothing in football good happens behind the LoS. Briles seemed more organized yesterday, he doesn’t like play cards and he admits he doesn’t select plays to set up other plays. He calls plays only after the whistle of the previous play which makes his hunh slow. I think Pittman horn h Uhh is shit a lo about it. Still a lot of fake here then thee and jetsweep fakes taa a king two ir three out of the play. The sec has too much lateral speed for that bullshit. It’s about power and vertical speed. He and his old man can get the fuck out.

Whatever he does it was good enough to lead all of P5 in rushing last season