Anybody have jellyfish lighting?

So I just got a quote from Gemstone.  The quote was for 264 feet of lighting.  The quoted rate is $28/ft but they gave me a discount to $24/ft lighting and track.  Don't know why I would get it unless everyone gets it. All in the bid was about $6,800.  The controller was $250, and when you exceed 200 linear feet, they require another transformer at $130.  There was an additional $105 charge for all of the customization cuts in the track to fit our roofline (gables, dormer, some places gutters, etc).

They said they are about 3-4 weeks out on installation so we could have it by the second week of December.  I will update this thread as things develop. I'm in the Pflugerville area if that helps anyone.

I had Trimlight on my last house.  Loved them.  But just couldn't pull the trigger a second time.  

Ended up doing my own with the new Eufy lights (basically the same as Govee).  They don't have the channel, but look every bit as good.  You just can see them if you happen to look straight up on my two story house.  They are white, but blend in for the most part.  It's certainly not as nice as the trimlight or others when it's light outside, but at night they are pretty much perfect.  I also was able to do the entire 4000 sq ft house, front, back, peaks, detached garage etc for about $800 vs the 6K for just the front of my last house.  

Do have to say I didn't enjoy being on a 25 or the 30 foot ladder at the top that much, but at least it's done.

3 hours ago, uoftorange said:

I had Trimlight on my last house.  Loved them.  But just couldn't pull the trigger a second time.  

Ended up doing my own with the new Eufy lights (basically the same as Govee).  They don't have the channel, but look every bit as good.  You just can see them if you happen to look straight up on my two story house.  They are white, but blend in for the most part.  It's certainly not as nice as the trimlight or others when it's light outside, but at night they are pretty much perfect.  I also was able to do the entire 4000 sq ft house, front, back, peaks, detached garage etc for about $800 vs the 6K for just the front of my last house.  

Do have to say I didn't enjoy being on a 25 or the 30 foot ladder at the top that much, but at least it's done.

That is interesting. I have been seeing those pop up in my algorithms. No way I could do the ladder, and I kind of assume they are going to turn to crap after a year or two like every other Govee item I've gotten. But definitely intrigued. Keep us updated please. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

That is interesting. I have been seeing those pop up in my algorithms. No way I could do the ladder, and I kind of assume they are going to turn to crap after a year or two like every other Govee item I've gotten. But definitely intrigued. Keep us updated please. 

I have eufy/anker stuff from 10 years ago at this point.  Hoping they hold up well.  

• Hook 'Em 1

How do you connect the strands between gaps in the roof line ? They have some sort of extension cable .

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2023 at 10:51 AM, orange dream said:

Jellyfish installation scheduled for the 14th.  I'll report back once it's up and running.

Sorry, it's been a minute but here is the finished product...

Happy with them overall.  Haven't figured out how to do a good TEXAS Burnt Orange yet.  If any of y'all have that down please either post or DM me the right color combo.

IMG_1809.jpg

IMG_1805.jpg

IMG_1804.jpg

Edited by orange dream
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 12/11/2023 at 4:49 PM, Catpfish said:

They completed the Gemstone installation on Saturday. I think the orange looks a lot better in person (plus I might have darkened it a little since this picture, can't remember for sure). The programming options are insanea27bc2bf358c146961a4f0ef2f127b5c.gif

That looks like gemstone setting I had for TX-OU Friday party last year.   But after a win, I go all orange.  We have an extremely busy street for people looking at Christmas lights.  I'm betting some non-Texas fans were wondering why all of the warm white with intermixed red and green around our house were topped off with Burnt Orange around the roof line the night after we won the Big 12 CCG.

• Hook 'Em 1