22-23 Fantasy League

Baboontyme

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Capn81 said:

So far, it has been a tight race for many spots. Do I see that we have two weeks left of the regular season?

yes, i believe it's set up for us to have two more regular season weeks, followed two two-week matchups between 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3, followed then by a two (maybe two and a half) week final/third place matchup. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Capn81 said:

It has been a fun season, but I am glad that this will be my last week.

You're still technically alive. Realistically 2-5 are playing for 3 spots and seeding. Lou has the 1 seed clinched. Barring catastrophe I'll be somewhere in the top 4. That 4th spot is tight, tight, tight going into this week. 

Someone remind me of the payout structure? 

On 10/16/2022 at 11:39 AM, shadow_operative said:

normally we would pay out to the regular season winner and then 1st-3rd, with six teams making the playoffs. this year however with 8 teams, it's set up to where four teams will make the playoffs, and i think we should pay out the regular season winner and then first and second. 

if we do $125 as the buy in, we could give $250 to the regular season winner and then $750 for the final two to chop however they see fit. that also makes it simple for everyone to pay out at the end.

we never 100% settled, but this is what we have for payouts-

regular season champ gets $250- that's ballamatic

the final two teams have $750 to chop between them. i'm thinking $300 for second and $425 for first is what we need to call it, that way everyone here who doesn't cash out can just send his $125 to one of the finalists.

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

look at this madness:

181C34BE-8849-4D0F-BC4B-B66E26028D33.thumb.jpeg.be82a8fab871d24889ef716f4f77e717.jpeg

Nikola Jokic is worth more than Giannis + Embiid. 🤯 

And now KD is back for him and shooting like 70% from the field. 

That 4 seed is looking like death. I mean, so is the championship matchup for whoever makes it out of the 2/3. But at least they get their money back. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

what are everyone's keepers as of right now? i'm keeping walker kessler in the 15th and chet holmgren in the 16th next year.

You didn't draft Kessler amigo. 

Nvm - it doesn't matter. I was thinking the rules were different. 

This brings up something interesting though. UDFA you can keep by using a 10th rounder. But if someone drafts a player 12th round or later, then drops them, then someone picks them up, then you can draft that player in a later round than a player that wasn't even taken in the draft. 

That seems slightly incongruous to me. It would be something we could discuss moving forward after next year's draft. (I guess a simple "fix" would be that if you didn't draft the player the same 10th round rule would apply).

Edited by ztejas

On 3/9/2023 at 9:49 PM, ztejas said:

I doubt it matters but this shit is so annoying. Detroit's game started at 6 pm. Look at this O to DTD/active time stamp. 

Screenshot_20230309_202730_Fantasy.thumb.jpg.6132e9015017996a3ce4f43c6ea90f6c.jpg

Shit happened to me last night with Simons. He hit like 8 3s, too and I'm neck and neck with Lemonparty Lou overall and in that category specifically. Watch I miss the playoffs because I lose that category this week by 4 or something. 

15 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

Shit happened to me last night with Simons. He hit like 8 3s, too and I'm neck and neck with Lemonparty Lou overall and in that category specifically. Watch I miss the playoffs because I lose that category this week by 4 or something. 

Well today Lou forgot to put Joker in the lineup so please disregard my angst over Simons. Probably still lose. 

jared vanderbilt gets three steals in the final game of the weekend, ztejas beats me 10-2 in steals on sunday, and i lose steals by one and miss the playoffs by half a game. god damn that sucks. my team was fucking cruising before the injuries hit.

98215CF5-BFCD-47DA-A4E6-DFA21586B0ED.thumb.jpeg.8f6ae9385d192c6104cf5dadba2a241e.jpeg

followed by 

87A27F83-42FF-473D-A194-AB4162D2627E.thumb.jpeg.4cc718a8e835c2a2cab979e0bd7f6f7a.jpeg

to close out the season. brutal. having a team you love and then just completely falling apart due to injuries is the worst. 

dec. 12th - feb. 5th: 62-31-3

feb. 6th - march 12th: 17-30-1

fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Edited by shadow_operative

Weird season overall with the 8 teams. 

It was crazy how tight that was down the stretch. It was tied going into the last Q of that Lakers game and Vanderbilt gets 1 more swipe. 1 more swipe from RJ or Schroeder for JAMES would have put hom ahead too. 

I'm still curious what the tiebreaker would have been.

What the fuck is going on in Detroit? I see on the ESPN crawl that Wiseman went for 18/14/3 blocks so I'm thinking "God dammit Duren probably didn't do anything"

Duren off the bench had fucking 12/11 (5 offensive) plus 3 dimes a steal and 2 blocks. 

They had two true 5s both get SOLID double doubles in an NBA game in 2023. 

13 hours ago, ztejas said:

Weird season overall with the 8 teams. 

It was crazy how tight that was down the stretch. It was tied going into the last Q of that Lakers game and Vanderbilt gets 1 more swipe. 1 more swipe from RJ or Schroeder for JAMES would have put hom ahead too. 

I'm still curious what the tiebreaker would have been.

tie breaker is head to head record. 

And now I'm sabatoging my own team by dropping a player to clear roster space, realizing I should have dropped someone else, then not being able to reverse it because the player I dropped is on waivers. And the guy I dropped is actually playing tonight. 

200 IQ fantasy management on my part.

49 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

You don't miss a week of Luka during a two week matchup and advance. I'm scrambling best I can but I expect you to start pulling away from the pack by tomorrow. 

I mean you're hanging in there just fine so far. My team is hot and I have zero injuries right now - it's going to be hard to beat me over two weeks (maybe not as hard if I keep fucking up roster moves).

Both matchups super tight after 1 week. 

Bunch of injuries the past couple days really kicking me in the dick. Yesterday I couldn't stream anyone because they didn't mark Ant as an O until late in the afternoon right before the game and I think the first game was at like noon. 

Jurassic Park Hold Onto Your Butts GIF

10 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

Yeah that confused me as well. Sorry you lost Ant. Definitely helping keep me in the game. It looks like at this point there are only 3 categories that aren't competitive. Luka is my only hope of getting a push in the trip dub category. 

They of course waited until I was driving home from work to mark him O. 

I think if you get a couple Luka games it will swing it. I'm really scraping to hold on in a couple cats. 

6 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

The BI trip dub has me feeling pretty good despite my alma mater getting Kembad. I've got two more Luka games baby Jesus willing. 

You won, man. Congrats. I'm not coming back on you - you're fucking my shit up. 

I knock Derka out of the playoffs then I get knocked out myself. Cest la vie. 

This is not me being a turd. There is a path here for you. Giddey needs to fuck around and get a triple double and you have to take steals. I think you will take turnovers. If you can get a triple double you have a shot. Either way it's been a fun thing for me to follow this week. 

@Baboontyme shut the fuck up and enjoy your payout. 

Jk. Well played. This 8 team shit needs to die in a fire, though. I'm almost hesitant to play 10 team because this season was so dumb.

@BallamaticBevo you wanna throw a few bucks on 3rd? (i.e. the actual championship match)

I could be talked into $50.

Edited by ztejas