Portal question

GoPokes83

If someone announces they’re entering the portal, doesn’t get any bites and removes their name. Is the university required to take them back and honor their scholarship, or have the players essentially quit the team and relinquished any claims to the program when they enter the portal?

If I enter the portal, will my NLI still be honored at my current school?
Once you enter the transfer portal, your current school has the right to void or reduce your scholarship and are not obligated to keep you as on the team if you decide to stay. Schools are also able to reduce/eliminate your scholarship for the next academic term once you enter the transfer portal. All of this is at the discretion of the coach and athletic program. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GoPokes83 said:

If someone announces they’re entering the portal, doesn’t get any bites and removes their name. Is the university required to take them back and honor their scholarship, or have the players essentially quit the team and relinquished any claims to the program when they enter the portal?

portal 2 p-body GIF

19 minutes ago, GoPokes83 said:

Probably some hard feelings if you try to come back. Like dramatically announcing to the wife that you're going to find a new woman then crawling back home two weeks later.

"Baby I realized I never knew what I had after all!!"

Edited by bad_teammate

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

I thought all scholarships are renewable every year regardless of the portal.

They are 1 year agreements. But if someone enters the portal in the winter, they can lose the spring semester.

I'm not sure whether or how this applies to Pac schools.