2023 ATP/WTA thread

shadow_operative2.0

23 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Petko is probably one of the most popular WTA players of the last two decades. 

I got back into tennis at the end of 2019, post Dallas tornado that did some damage to my parents house, and I returned to Dallas and had the Tennis Channel for the first time in the weeks months following my dad passing away and then COVID tournaments while the house was being repaired. 

Never had heard of her.

Had no idea about that she had always been a woman. Just like when my fair-haired, blue-eyes friend would speak Japanese to a waitress in Osaka and she would freeze because she was confused, I was distracted by what I was seeing.

The Tennis Channel is far—and-away the most progressive sports channel on TV with BIKTARVY commercials repeatedly telling viewers to keep loving who they are.

20 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Camila not treating Bianca real well in front of her people. 

image.gif.249643e16639f914e1d244303404e704.gif

IN OTHER NEWS…

Jennifer Brady must have lost her sponsors while she was away, because in here match just now (that she lost) against Rybakina, she was warring an ASICS hat, New Balance shoes, something on her skirt, and then on her shirt, she had a small…

image.thumb.jpeg.8f2aa70971cd50abefd7c06ff1105998.jpeg
…logo.

First time I’ve seen someone sporting the Flex Seal brand on the courts. 

8 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Dude tries to throw in some Texas shade at the end. 

JPeg won in 3, Elena v. Samsonova postponed until today. 

The day before in the middle of the 40-40 point in the second set, the ball is in the air for Danielle Collins to hit an overhead and someone yelled out. 

She hit the overhead long and it was Match Point. 

Complete horse shit. 

The point absolutely should have been replayed. 

Then the following day this crap happened from the tweet and they replayed the point. Same tournament. Same court. 

CUNTS!

23 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

2 & 1 for DasKa over Peyton in Cincy, that's real bad. 

Dani v. Pavs underway, but not on TV yet. 

Her home town tournament, one she likely grew up attending (if it has been around a while), and she gets “put out on the street” like one of Pimpbot 5000’s lowest earners.

image.gif.8398fa90327975070cbfe8b1a613541d.gif

#sad

27 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Coco v. Noskova now. No legal booze for either for quite awhile. 

Noskova is legit. Down a break in first set but multiple points where her power on groundstrokes was too much for Coco. She’s interesting at 18 years old. 

5 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Coco v. Noskova now. No legal booze for either for quite awhile. 

Ummmm…

Legal booze last week in Canada.

Basically in entire world minus the 🇺🇸 they’re both adults.

It’s a little freer once you get out of the USA.

3 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

That’s pretty salty for the women. Elena quit again today though, that’s becoming a little too regular for her. 

People were withdrawing left & right today. 

With the second week of fucked up rain delays and the US Open in 10 days, people have been bailing on Cincy. Pegula won last week and basically was like “Fuck this shit, I’m out.” She didn’t withdraw, but she was bageled by Bouzkova in the 2nd set. Whether it’s Buffalo or Florida, she had “I just want to go home and rest.” written all over her face.

The withdrawals may have started on Wednesday, can’t remember, but earlier Thursday I was looking at when people were withdrawing and how frequent it was on Thursday. 

Not a good look for the tournament or the two tours.

6 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Today Bouzkova played 3 games against her compatriot before quitting. It’s a quitting pandemic in Cinci

IMG_6393.thumb.jpeg.a5e8741c4d59a31eed57769dd93e3e18.jpeg

IMG_6392.thumb.jpeg.8353379a8a49097e5ff8d9f59314b286.jpeg

She didn’t hit a first serve in getting smoked at love in her only service game and thought…

”Fuck this shit!”

Rather than get smoked in under and an hour, she said “I’ll call it a day and pick up my check on the way to New York.”

Bouzkova won 2 of 14 points. 

On 6/30/2023 at 6:31 AM, Bullneck said:

On 6/30/2023 at 10:48 AM, Napoleon said:

To show my longevity as a fan, Novak Djokovic may be my most hated male tennis player since Ivan Lindl.

🎾

I know why he’s not well liked even hated but I LOVE his game, his tenacity, his ability to dial it in and focus even when the crowd heckles him relentlessly. I’m really looking forward to tomorrow. Don’t get me wrong, Carlito is eaaaaasy to like, but Djokovic is just incredible.

11 hours ago, troph said:

I watched Saba melt down. Didn’t get to watch Coco. Tomorrows gunna be gud.

Same. I didn’t see Coco, but Iga’s become more and more mentally unstable since the end of the French Open. She looks on the verge of tears and a tantrum in almost any match against a top 20 player. 

Her game has regularly just fallen apart even though she is the superior player. She just starts sending shots flying all over the court and then pouting towards her box. 

I usually pull for her to lose these days. It’s difficult to pull for such a miserable human being. 

• Like 1

I really like sabalenka, maybe because she’s spoken out against her own country’s position in the Ukraine war, maybe because I’m a bit of a head case on the court too. I love her forehand power. I’d love to see her break through. 

3 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Break through? As in win, oh I don’t know, a fucking Slam? Like the one she won in January? 

I think she could be number 1 for a long while break through. I think she could win multiple per year break through. I think she’s super talented and her record doesn’t show it break through. 

18 hours ago, troph said:

I know why he’s not well liked even hated but I LOVE his game, his tenacity, his ability to dial it in and focus even when the crowd heckles him relentlessly. I’m really looking forward to tomorrow. Don’t get me wrong, Carlito is eaaaaasy to like, but Djokovic is just incredible.

I love watching Djokovic. I was fortunate enough to sit front row at the US Open a few years ago and was blown away by how hard he works and the level of his game. 

I REALLY didn't like Carlito when he was 18 and coming on, but he's growing on me. Great for the game that he's the number 1 and playing as well as he is while still having to contend with Djokovic. 

2-2 in the first in Cincy.

• Drool 1