2023 ATP/WTA thread

shadow_operative2.0

Class move by Djokovic in a deciding set to applaud that down the line passing shot on what was a superb approach shot to begin with. 

of course he wins the next two points to win the game.

Edited by troph

3 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

I just can’t believe this match. That 10th service game was maybe the best I’ve ever seen. Certainly worth the price of admission on its own.

I’m trying to avoid hyperbole but it’s hard to imagine better tennis the last couple of games. 

8 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

You rarely see a hulk reaction like that from Djokovic unless it’s a slam. This win clearly meant a lot to him.

Well he’s 2-2 now against the heir apparent isn’t he?  Instead of 1-3? And it played like a slam. We said it was possibly the best tennis you could imagine here as it happened but they talked that way on the TC immediately after the match as well. Instant classic.

Kinda fun sitting out here watching some of the seeded women and men practice. I watched Zverev for about 30 minutes and watching Rublev now. Going to try to stay and see Rune for a bit and then go watch some of the qualifying matches going on right behind me. I don’t have to work until Thursday out here, but even then I am going to stay after I’m done to watch as many of the men and women play as I can. The weather is great and man this is an awesome time of the year to be here.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

Pretty far from the UpperWestside. :)

I went last year and watched the practice courts for a few hours. It’s a good time. And yeah the weather is perfect right now.

Oh man the weather is just absolutely perfect, especially when I think of how hot it is elsewhere around the country. It’s cool watching the pros do their thing. Last year I went to see Alcaraz in one of his 5 set marathons in the round of 16. It is an altogether different experience seeing him in person versus on tv.

At some point I should probably change my name to something to show East Harlem some love since it is where I live. Just spend a bunch of time on the UWS with friends and whatnot.

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Like 1

Watching Rune up close is really cool. Zverev is obviously elite as well (practicing together right now), but you can just see a difference between them. That Rune is also just 20 is fairly amazing. Even in practice he carries himself like a guy who has a great chance to win the whole thing. This sport is in great hands with the young men and women now taking over.IMG_8769.thumb.jpeg.173697fd944e54f4ab2cfa3c50bdd115.jpegIMG_8778.thumb.jpeg.ea27ba2de8150adbd2ec8afef04461d6.jpeg

5 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

Watching Rune up close is really cool. Zverev is obviously elite as well (practicing together right now), but you can just see a difference between them. That Rune is also just 20 is fairly amazing. Even in practice he carries himself like a guy who has a great chance to win the whole thing. This sport is in great hands with the young men and women now taking over.IMG_8769.thumb.jpeg.173697fd944e54f4ab2cfa3c50bdd115.jpegIMG_8778.thumb.jpeg.ea27ba2de8150adbd2ec8afef04461d6.jpeg

Was Zverev’s tatted up smoke show girlfriend there?

I’m not into tattoos, but she looks like a lot of fun. 

IMG_6591.thumb.jpeg.69212266734e2f698d253bda4715bc28.jpeg

More images here. Hidden to keep from being overboard, but nothing racier than above. 

Spoiler

IMG_6585.jpeg.750a4104793bdbad4d7a997a2e93d43c.jpeg

IMG_6586.jpeg.952800e3a5d9bfa5e19da9c12edab03f.jpeg

IMG_6587.thumb.jpeg.c85efa8730a5b910e80e45c5772b4937.jpeg

IMG_6588.thumb.jpeg.0eeb3e74e108129cee2373ed07a5375f.jpeg

IMG_6589.thumb.jpeg.39eceed15ae3880d14089bb3e4efb7ed.jpeg

IMG_6590.jpeg.01c0de2e1a67a3fbc43ad6ee8930e961.jpeg

IMG_6592.thumb.jpeg.d545e363e1a8068d50567bb8cce8a893.jpeg

Did not see her out there. Had she been there I doubt many of the guys would’ve been paying much attention to him and Rune practicing together. 😂

Zverev, in person, looks like he was a skater and surfer in another life. I would have mistaken him for such if he wasn’t 6’6”. Rune was built like a DB (The quads he has seemed to be twice the size of Zverev) and wound as tightly as Muschamp on the sideline. It was just cool to watch them do their thing as it was to see the women out there as well. I stayed for about ten minutes of Clisters and Wozniacki having their Battle of the Moms match at Armstrong. Kim moved fairly well still for carrying what looked like an extra 30-40 over her pro weight. She’d murder me if I was out there, but not so much with Caroline who is competing again.