landline robocall blocker whitelist - does it exist?

the landline gets 15-25 junk calls daily, how can this nightmare end?  The phone company could ideally set up a whitelist on their website per account, as smartphone have downloadable apps, but somehow this easy idea hasn't gained traction. 

The market for landline call blockers has a few products, but these require manual intervention for each robocall, a time consuming process while the calls continue.   One of these best sellers is:

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAAlzE9dc1_gV3pZHz2

but I need better,  a whitelist machine. Does such a creature exist? 

My landline screens calls for me somehow.  Every once in a while I notice the line blinking with an incoming call, but doesn't ring.

I thought about getting me one of those new fangled cellular phones and getting rid of the landline.

Edited by Jerry Callo

6 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

My 80 year old in-laws don't even have a land line. 

My parents have 2. One is a dedicated line for the fax machine. Even showed my dad how to turn any paper document into a pdf using his phone.  He still wants the fax machine.

On 4/14/2023 at 5:11 PM, conVINCEd said:

My parents have 2. One is a dedicated line for the fax machine. Even showed my dad how to turn any paper document into a pdf using his phone.  He still wants the fax machine.

IRS, social security, and hospitals still use faxes, so that’s what your dad and I will continue to use. 

• Hook 'Em 1