WTF Happening Around the Senate Office Buildings?

atomheartbevo

41 minutes ago, safe sex said:

While we're on the subject, can we rename that office building? Russell was a huge piece of shit racist.

Considering Russell was a Democrat, I'm kind of surprised GQP didn't jump at the chance to rail on the issue. But then I read there was a movement to do just that in 2018 when dotard was in the WH, and the replacement suggestion was ...................................McCain, lulz

A proposal to rename the Russell Senate Office Building in honor of Sen. John McCain, who died Saturday, seems to have found its first sticking point. From the floor of the Senate on Tuesday, Majority Leader Mitch McConnell told colleague he was appointing a bipartisan committee to study how to remember their late colleague — and mentioned renaming a conference room or adding a portrait of McCain to a conference room, but not a whole building.

“In order to make sure we realize these intentions, I’d like to put together an official group that can collaborate and bring together ideas from current members, former colleagues and friends. It will be bipartisan — as only befits John’s legacy,” McConnell said. He said it would be called “a gang” rather than a committee, a nod to McCain’s ability to form informal klatches of lawmakers to tackle dicey topics like immigration.

In the indirect way of the Senate, the message was clear: They are not likely to rename a building for McCain, and Republicans are the reason. For all of the outpouring of tributes, many of his GOP colleagues would rather keep the name of a Southern segregationist Democrat on the building rather than risk riling up rank-and-file Republicans who are not universally appreciative of McCain’s self-styled maverick streak.

Well Yea GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 3