Need a super cheap computer - recs?

Our computer that used to be my wife's and we used mostly for the kids and stuff took a dump. Will be used almost exclusively for browsing, watching videos, etc. Don't need much if any HD space. I have a monitor I can use, we have a keyboard,etc. So I just need a box with windows. I guess it would be good if it had office. 

8 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

Our computer that used to be my wife's and we used mostly for the kids and stuff took a dump. Will be used almost exclusively for browsing, watching videos, etc. Don't need much if any HD space. I have a monitor I can use, we have a keyboard,etc. So I just need a box with windows. I guess it would be good if it had office. 

It sounds like you got a good pc, so as far as Office...

I office from home and MS Office is too expensive...

Office.  I use Open Office or Google Docs.  They are both free alternatives.  I have had nothing but success this these...

https://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/

https://www.google.com/docs/about/

I mainly use google docs.  The only time I use Open office is when someone sends me a .docx doc, then I use Open Office...

Good luck..

Edited by BNB

I figure that once the kids get a bit older they might need to use word and ppt. Shouldn't I be able to reuse the license from the computer that took a shart? I wonder if they would need me to get the license key. I thought I remembered it being super easy to transfer licenses with MS.

Yeah, if you have the CD Key and the cd, or keep a downloaded version of the install file on a cd, then I would think you would not have a problem (if it is a digital version who knows if MS will have that hosted version down the road, so if so, I would make sure I have a copy of that file available to me and backed up when I need it.

Bnb