Loree From Hornfans Discussion

16 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

I remember a lot about the hornfans days as I was very involved, but the Loree thing is a blur to me.   

Are you the guy that was married to spicy and then got a semi-public divorce in front of hornfans? your avatar kind of looks like the guy, at least, but I think he was a realtor from california now that I think about it.

1 hour ago, BeardIP said:

Are you the guy that was married to spicy and then got a semi-public divorce in front of hornfans? your avatar kind of looks like the guy, at least, but I think he was a realtor from california now that I think about it.

Nah. I was the guy that helped with all the Rose Bowl and Holiday Bowl tailgates.   I hauled all the beer, food, and supplies in my horse trailer. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Oh man so many thoughts and memories. Obviously many of us who have posted over the last 25 years on these sites have gone through some shit and that doesn't include the 15 years of walking the desert in football, which ironically we did great in. 

Nobody kills themselves because of a message board post. Sure it could be a final straw in a long series of issues in a posters real life. 

What would be interesting is if someone ran all of our posting histories through an ai model. Some very prominent posters imo have changed their perception significantly. Again for many reasons but would be super interesting. 

On 4/17/2024 at 4:33 PM, BeardIP said:

That’s Cajun, he’s living his best life on the boat fanatics thread.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/18/2024 at 2:23 AM, DCA_HORN said:

Oh man so many thoughts and memories. Obviously many of us who have posted over the last 25 years on these sites have gone through some shit and that doesn't include the 15 years of walking the desert in football, which ironically we did great in. 

Nobody kills themselves because of a message board post. Sure it could be a final straw in a long series of issues in a posters real life. 

What would be interesting is if someone ran all of our posting histories through an ai model. Some very prominent posters imo have changed their perception significantly. Again for many reasons but would be super interesting. 

Snoop Dogg and I got into it a few times then took it to the side and talked at length in DMs. I don’t even remember what about, I do remember printing out some of them they seemed that meaningful at the time. After a while he and his daughter died in a tragic car accident - head on I believe. Caused by a seizure. Mother Russia - his wife was devastated. Never knew any of them in person, not even sure what they looked like. But it was then that I realized there is no distinction between the internet socials and in real life. Loree was after that I believe though maybe Loree was first I don’t recall now. What I know is both of those posters and their deaths had a profound impact on me. There’s no place for online bullying for those who believe in the importance and power of kindness and connection.  That’s just my bottom line. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2